Greetings from CQ

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Ellie and Friends

Greetings from CQ

Post by Ellie and Friends » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:44 am

Hey all,

I have watched this forum for such a long time and have already learnt so much from it. I am from Yeppoon in Central Queensland (one of the greatest areas for offroading in Queensland).

I bought my first Subi, an '84 Leone from a mate for a cheap price with intentions to use it as a bush basher, I bashed it for about three weeks before noticing that the car was in almost just as good an order as before I brought it home despite being fairly abused. Having owned nearly 20 bush bashers previous to this, I knew that this was a good car. With the advice and help of my father I quickly set about restoring it and was well impressed. About a year later I ruined the car, however, thankfully I had purchased a 4WD wagon as a spare for the Leone so I set about restoring this and was astounded by it's offroad performance. I'm sure other people have this exact type of story too;).

These days I have three registered Subi's, plans for two more and at least one Subaru finds a new home in my paddock every month. I see myself as Central Queensland's Subaru Orphanage.

Ellie and Friends

Post by Ellie and Friends » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:51 am

L2: My Latest 2" Lifted Subi (soon to have 27's) 88' L series
Ellie: My highway/cruising Car (because I can sleep in it) 90' L Series
Leone: My first car I ever restored and registered, to be restored. '84 Leone
Brute: Second car I ever owned and didn't it cop it, currently undergoing rust work which has hidden from me and had become extensive :(
FWD Liberty I scored with overheating issue
I picked this up for $50, no motor or gearbox but hardly any rust
Old Brumby: This car has had a very hard life and was suffering from bad chassis rust when I adopted it, it was subsequently utilised as a farm ute

Ellie and Friends

Post by Ellie and Friends » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:00 am

Spares/Wrecks

There are many more Subi's sitting around my place and many other makes have somehow managed to sneak their way into my collection as is evident in some photos.

Cheers,
Lincoln

Gone Fishing

Post by Gone Fishing » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 am

Thats quite a collection mate. Welcome to the forum. As for the Subaru capital of Queensland I would have to say it is here in Ayr. For a town of only 12000 people I am constantly amazed at the amount of subies here. I would have to say without a word of a lie that I have seen probably 11 brumby utes still running around registered. Not to mention the amount that are still being used as farm utes which are not registered. The local dealer here is selling his brumby ute at the moment and as far as I know he has owned it since new.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

Ellie and Friends

Post by Ellie and Friends » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Gone Fishing wrote:Thats quite a collection mate. Welcome to the forum. As for the Subaru capital of Queensland I would have to say it is here in Ayr. For a town of only 12000 people I am constantly amazed at the amount of subies here. I would have to say without a word of a lie that I have seen probably 11 brumby utes still running around registered. Not to mention the amount that are still being used as farm utes which are not registered. The local dealer here is selling his brumby ute at the moment and as far as I know he has owned it since new.
Thank you, I have lived in Townsville and head north to the Atherton Tablelands and other places whenever time and money allow me to and I would definitely agree that there is more Subi's per capita in Ayr than than anywhere else I've been.

Return to “New Members & Introductions”