1992 Subaru Liberty GX Celebration Sedan 2.2L AWD

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Kamzy89

1992 Subaru Liberty GX Celebration Sedan 2.2L AWD

Post by Kamzy89 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi Guys,

This is my first post!!

My name is Kam, im from West Sydney, mid 20's married with one kid. I've always had a Toyota (corolla, camry, avalon). I decided to get a 2nd car so my wife can drive the Camry. I cam across a 1992 Subaru Liberty GX Celebration Sedan 2.2L AWD that a work colleague wanted to sell.

Its done 160k kms, full leather interior, full electrical windows(all 4) which i think is standard. It says that it is a limited edition on the dash and says that it is number 009. How many of these were made and are they worth anything? Other then abit of cosmetic damage on the exterior the car is very clean, no rips in the leather or interior.

I feel like i've purchased my first car, given that i've always had no more than 2yr old vehicles. I wanted to do abit of mods to it, but i'm not the best with cars. If it is a limited edition i know sometimes mods can decrease the value?

Would anybody have any suggestion as to what i could do to it? make it look and sound nice :P and were in Sydney i can get parts for it.

Very excited to be a Subaru owner :D:D:D

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Kamzy.

I've never thought of those limited edition vehicles to be more than a marketing thing, but I could be wrong!

As for mods, plenty to be done. Do your research! There's loads of info on the forum here. You could go as crazy as a supercharger or just get a free flowing exhaust - or leave it bog standard and enjoy what others do to their subi's - then pinch their ideas!!

What you do to your vehicle is up to you and the list can be as long or as short as you want! I've been building mine for the best part of 6 years now, it's almost there :twisted:

When you get the time post up some pics in the "my car" section ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Kamzy89

Post by Kamzy89 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks Bennie, Yeah i thought that may have been the case with the limited edition stuff but hey i would love for somebody who may have an idea to say otherwise! :)

Ill definitely put up some pics real soon. Anybody know any local places i can source parts from? Im sure there are plenty.

Kamzy89

Post by Kamzy89 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 am

Thanks for the posts guys!!

Its a limited edition and why its called a "celebration" is that it is celebrating 20,000 Subi's made prior to its release. The amount of extra's on the interior are unbeleivale, its well beyond its age.

I don't plan on spending too much on it especially since for what i paid for it, it was basically a steal. I just want to make it look and sound abit nicer. I would probably look at some rims, sound system, exhaust (anybody have any suggestions?) Any place i can go where they can simulate what the exhaust will sound like on the car? I've heard of something like this before?

Return to “New Members & Introductions”