Hey all, V8 owner looking to downsize

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Chuke

Hey all, V8 owner looking to downsize

Post by Chuke » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Well, as you would imagine, owning a V8, especially a modified in this current climate is a little stupid so I'm looking at downsizing.
Been looking at a couple of cars and I'm leaning towards getting a Subaru, specifically a Liberty.
Anyway, to save being off topic, I'll ask my questions in the relevant sections.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Welcome to the forum Chuke!

I'll keep an eye out for your other thread ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Chuke

Post by Chuke » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 pm

thanks for the warm welcome El_Freddo. At least this forum is more welcoming than some other forum I was asking help from *cough*ozmazda*cough*

olddog642

Welcome

Post by olddog642 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 pm

[quote="Chuke"]thanks for the warm welcome El_Freddo. At least this forum is more welcoming than some other forum I was asking help from

G'day and welcome Chuke,
I second that belief, as in my opinion this is the best darn forum on the net and also the friendliest bunch of people one could hope to meet.
Hylton :evil::twisted:

pitrack_1

Post by pitrack_1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Chuke wrote:thanks for the warm welcome El_Freddo. At least this forum is more welcoming than some other forum I was asking help from *cough*ozmazda*cough*
Hmmm, I'm (cough, cough) there too... replies are a bit thin on the ground, aren't they? Sorry hadn't seen your post on a SP23, have one will give you some info/opinions on there...

Great bunch of people here, very helpful.
Patrick
Ex- 2010 Forester Diesel

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:35 pm

G'day mate, welcome. The Liberty is a good car, I posted on one of your other threads ;)

Yeah some other forums are pretty average. I know I've posted of a few, not even had a reply and just gone F*** it, canceled my account on them the same day. It's just not worth it :rolleyes:

Good bunch of people around here, some real characters.
Heaps of good info too, if you can't find what you need then shoot up a post asking. Even if we don't know there is usually someone who can point you in the right direction ;) :) :cool:

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:16 am

Chuke wrote:thanks for the warm welcome El_Freddo. At least this forum is more welcoming than some other forum I was asking help from *cough*ozmazda*cough*
'know how you feel with your 'symptoms' . reckon I still have a few cold cases on same forum. Think I just expected same helpfulness found in here.

Downsize maybe , but likely an upgrade :D

stilson

Post by stilson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 am

I'm a member of ozmazda too but I rarely log in. My missus has an SP23 with the six speed and its ****ing quick for what it is. Loads of axle tramp/wheel hop though if you put the boot in with traction control disabled from a standstill, even with solid engine and trans mounts. Bose stereo and leather in the luxury pack is awesome. ABS is terrible. Motor has bucketloads of torque from idle. I still love my Foz though.
MY08 SG9 XS LUX

********* performance sump and diff guards.

ratters

Post by ratters » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 am

Hey mate, I came from a 350 chev powered hilux to the L series wagon, and I couldnt be happier! Once I got over the fact that I no longer had infinite torque things were all good, and they are mighty handy little bus :)

good luck!

Return to “New Members & Introductions”