Yet another new guy

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:44 pm

AshR wrote:Hey thunder, just looking around for options for "keeping things in" when the tailgate is down and found this.

http://www.moto-gate.com/

Might be worth checking out, or I can see if I can whip something up cheaper (but $60 looks like a great option)
yea ive seen thoes and have heard good things. i have never had a problem with loosing stuff and due to the tall tub side not much wind gets in the tub thus preventing stufff flying out which is great.
also note the brumby goes very well with the bike in the back and full of stuff
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

AshR

Post by AshR » Mon May 14, 2012 5:08 pm

thunder039 wrote: also note the brumby goes very well with the bike in the back and full of stuff
Man I can't wait, this is all coming together really quickly (to actually go from wanting a Brumby to possibly having it parked in my garage)

Might have funds in the next week or so then have to wait on transport :)

have read through Bennie's "Sonny the Brumby" thread too, L dash and elec windows + central are on the list of "things to do after RWC and Reg" now

Possibly the only thing I'll have to really modify before RWC is take the lift kit out and put it on standard wheels, but if that's the worst I should be apples :)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon May 14, 2012 5:14 pm

AshR wrote:L dash and elec windows + central are on the list of "things to do after RWC and Reg" now
That dashboard is from the coupe or the touring wagon minus the digi dash. The digi dash and 6 gauge analogue dash are interchangeable if you've got the wiring from behind the dash board to go with it. I'll let you know what you need to do the conversion anyway ;)
AshR wrote:Possibly the only thing I'll have to really modify before RWC is take the lift kit out and put it on standard wheels, but if that's the worst I should be apples :)
Personally I'd try and pass the lift kit through RWC with stock tyres on it. A 2 inch kit should still be legal without an engineer's certificate.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:16 pm

i appreciate people who modify the interior of the brumby but personally the only thing i would do would be to change the seats with that of a forester of something with more support
2008 zook jimny -sold!

AshR

Post by AshR » Mon May 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Yeah seats will have to go for RWC by the looks (from the pics a couple of tares around the drivers corner)

Will need new carpet too from the looks but have sourced that cheap on ebay.

And as for the RWC I wont be taking the lift kit out unless I'm told to. I'll grab the wheels from you Bennie when I plan on taking it to the mechanic (not any time soon) and go from what he says :)

AshR

Post by AshR » Wed May 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Quick update on the Brumby purchase, looks like I have sold the Liteace so should have funds next week (or week after) to buy the Brumby and get it shipped to me then the fun of rebuild begins.

B00sting

Post by B00sting » Wed May 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey mate,

Sounding good.

I have transported a bike in my brumby many times (gas gas 300). It hangs out onto the tailgate but I never had any major worries about it. I just tie-down to the two front points then one through the back wheel too the two middle tie-down points.

What sort of bits do you need for RWC? As i'm about to pull out a shitload of standard gear perhaps I can help out? Just a thought.

Cheers.
Brumby 1992: EA81, 15" peugot steelies, 2" ********* body lift, tonneau cover, bullbar, GME UHF, ARB compressor, ********* rear diff protector, SOLD

-97 Landcruiser :D

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 pm

good to hear about the purchase mate. good to see there is a few motorbike riders on here!
2008 zook jimny -sold!

AshR

Post by AshR » Wed May 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Hey Boost,
From what the guy says, front left hub for starters, Thermo fan switches and probably seats.

I think that's all the major things Bennie is going to loan me a set of stock wheels and I'll probably throw new carpet in too.

Will post pics etc when I've paid for it

B00sting

Post by B00sting » Wed May 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Hmm, can't help with the hub as I need it lol. Same goes for seats although at some point i'll be modifying the 02 outback seats to fit if it's possible.

If you discover anything else let me know and i'll see if I can help out.

And heres a post ride pic of my bike in the brumby, you can see how far it hangs out. Not too bad :)

Brumby 1992: EA81, 15" peugot steelies, 2" ********* body lift, tonneau cover, bullbar, GME UHF, ARB compressor, ********* rear diff protector, SOLD

-97 Landcruiser :D

AshR

Post by AshR » Wed May 16, 2012 4:31 pm

yeah that's sweet as, figured they'd be parts I'll have to get from a wreck, actually looking at the pics a bit closer the seats look ok, but I might get some after market ones after it's got rego

Had seen this pic before I found the forum so was pretty sure I wouldn't have an issue

looks like a fun ride though :D so can't wait to have easy transport for the bike to get out more.

AshR

Post by AshR » Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm

IT'S MINE!!!
Pay for it next tuesday and it's being picked up by transporter Monday week :)

then the fun begins with getting it up to speed and fix the front hub and on to getting RWC then rego

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 am

Good stuff mate!!

And I'm slightly jealous too :D Can't wait to see it!

Cheers

Bennie

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 am

looks fantatstic, very jealous of the roof! the bikes look great guys i dont have any pictures of mine on the back
2008 zook jimny -sold!

AshR

Post by AshR » Thu May 17, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for the support, I'm like a little kid at Christmas atm after confirming last night payment etc after selling the other van. :D

The pic I posted of the bikes wasn't mine, was a research pic I found to confirm (and show my wife) that the bike would fit :)

It should be picked up for transport Monday week (the seller has the day off then) so start of June I should have a brumby in the garage then the hunt for parts is on.

AshR

Post by AshR » Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 am

Got an sms this morning from the seller, and it's on the back of it's first truck and on it's way to Melbourne.

So with luck will have it this weekend to start pulling the front hubs off to replace. :D

then the road to RWC begins.

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 am

awesome!
2008 zook jimny -sold!

AshR

Post by AshR » Tue May 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Turns out it probably wont be here till next week, takes 5 business days to get from Brisvagas to Melbourne.

But the brumby is at the depot waiting for a truck to bring it down. Wife has said to me that gives me this weekend to clean up the shed more before the brumby goes in there.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed May 30, 2012 1:23 am

Good stuff mate! I'm looking forward to it's arrival. I hope your better half loves it - they're loaded with character!

Cheers

Bennie

AshR

Post by AshR » Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 am

Yeah Ciel is all for it, said she likes the look of it better than the van I had (didn't fit the bike in hence the change to nearly the smallest ute you can buy :p )

I'll call the transport tomorrow afternoon to see if it's made it onto a truck to get a better ETA.

once I get the brumby sorted for RWC I'll let you know Bennie, and have to catch up to borrow those wheels off you :) figured it's probably better to put stock wheels on it for RWC as it wont look "as" modified.

Return to “New Members & Introductions”