Secondary air pump removal

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
magoo

Secondary air pump removal

Post by magoo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 am

Have an 05 forester XT CEL light came on with cruise flashing took car to dealer they checked codes and found air valve stuck open quoted $2500 to repair 2 valves at $1093 ea the rest labour.
After some investigation found that in the states it is common practice to remove the pump and valves as they are only used on start up to enable emission system to heat up faster.
Has anyone done this in australia???????? Codes that need to be deleted from computer so that lights stop flashing are also avialable on web.
also parts are available direct from usa at $225 us same part numbers as here shows tax and markup by subaru
any thoughts welcome
thanks

phillatdarwin

Post by phillatdarwin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 am

ya we just get rip hear in oz for parts as we not part of Subaru in japan

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:05 pm

best bet is either buy them from america/japan and get a local to do it, labour will probably be the same if you dont do it yourself.

if you do it dont get caught. say hello to mister defect sticker =)
and the problem with the computer coding is that you need to plug to do it. i need to have a chat to my dads foz but cant find the correct plug and system. only people in Aus who have them are the subaru dealers.

P.S i have a computer sceintist in this to make the plug and brake the coding on the cars

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 am

You just need a Tactrix cable to disable whatever code's it throws up after removal.
Go on SubaruForester.org and find out which cable they use.
You'll also need to tune your car after removing it too.

Return to “New Members & Introductions”