New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Rockwall

Re: New members - Read first post & say G'day

Post by Rockwall » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:49 pm

Robert here, just joined thank you. I have owned 4 subis over the years, from the 1600 when they first came out to a couple of L wagons and a Brumby (how I wish I could have that back). Looking at getting another one after a long break. Still fancy the dual range, old habits die hard I guess.

Bosco15

Post by Bosco15 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:00 pm

G'day Robert, from Newcastle, NSW.
Pretty new here, myself.
Lots of good information and help.
I picked up my Brumby recently, as a "Too good to pass up" type purchase.
Keeping an eye on the market, it seems that Brumbies are becoming more sought after of late.
There are a few good examples on the market, atm, but price reflects their owners passion.
The odd bargain popping up every now and again.
Good luck with your search.

Brumby_driver

Post by Brumby_driver » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:31 am

Hi everyone! I’m doing a 5speed conversion with my brumby just looking for information in putting the clutch together I sat the l series friction plate in the my series flywheel and put the l pressure plate on that it all looks like it fits?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:27 am

G’day Brumby driver,

It will all fit but it won’t have the same clamping force as the L series setup because the step in the MY flywheel is deeper than the L series.

I can’t remember the details off hand as to how much you need to shave the MY flywheel down to have the same step as the L series. But if you have the L series flywheel you can measure that to get your answer.

All the best with it. I’ve read good things about the 5 speed swap but never got around to it!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

subienoobie

Post by subienoobie » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:08 pm

Hello All,
Owen from the mid north coast NSW. Second Subaru (2008 liberty wagon, 2.5lt) was perfect when I lived in the city. Now it’s too low but I want to keep it and lift it.
Not after more suspension travel as such, just some more clearance for the dirt roads and paddocks that I encounter more often now. Maybe some bigger tyres to soften out the bumps too.

Unfortunately as the name suggests I’m a noob. I’ve never modified a car in my life, excited to start!

Will look around and post in appropriate threads.

First subie was a old boxy sports wagon I drove across the states in 90s’ took it into some wild country, loved it.

Return to “New Members & Introductions”