New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
struggers76

Post by struggers76 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi All,
Name is Ben, 34 years old from Glenorchy in Tasmania..
After a few years without one i decided it was time to Subi up again, love the early 80's 4wd wagons!... So out I went , picked up a reasonable 83 wagon and a set of sunnys and now will set to work on making it look spank!..
Figured there are plenty of good people on here that may be able to offer some knowledge and sell me parts as it progresses!
Nice to meet you all, chat soon!
Still Avoiding desk jobs since 1976 :mrgreen:

brendo

Post by brendo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:13 pm

hey guys,
My name is Brendan, live in NSW and only just became a member today, have proudly owned 2 subarus, both l series, very reliable and enjoyable. cos of uni restraints i had to sell the first, missed it so much had to buy another which ended selling but now im in the market for a third:D will try to get some pics of both up soon cheers

Thenesto32

My subaru is bone stock and ready to rock!

Post by Thenesto32 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Whattup Everybody,

I just joined Team Subaru by buying my first Subaru Impreza GX today. Does anybody know where I can go for some cool rims and tyres for my car? In NSW that is?>

nicko

Post by nicko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:23 am

G'day all

We've got a 2005 Forester X (wifes car) with an Outback 2.0D on order so will be a complete Subie family then. :)

Cheers

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Rad, where in qld are you mate? I badly want a diesel next..
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Hey everyone, my first post ever haha!

My names Sam from SA, and I guess I just inherited the old family car; a 1981 GL wagon 4WD. We've had it from new in 81', first it was my dad's, then my brothers about 6 or 7 years ago and now he's gotten himself a 03' WRX, so now the old wagon comes to me! I haven't learned to drive yet (cant for health problems at the moment) so I've taken it upon myself to refurbish the old car. It's looking a bit tired right now, and has many rust spots that need filling and painting and the interior needs a good look at/clean out.

I also came to this website for help with restoring the car, I was going to make a thread in the "restorations and buildups" area, but is that ok since its not a full on major rebuild?

[img][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2141 ... medium.jpg[/img]
My username comes from this car, the silver bullet!;)
[img][IMG]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1165 ... medium.jpg[/img]

I know this isn't the place to fill with photos, but here is just a couple to show what I've got! That rust on the rear window is an example of what's wrong with the car, and this hole has caused pretty much a pool of water in the back of the car :mad: My brother didn't look after this car very well, he more or less hated it!:rolleyes:

Mares

Hello from a new member

Post by Mares » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:26 am

Hi Mary here. New member. Member of Subaru 4WD Club.

I am from Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast. Just moved this year from Brisbane.
I have a Subaru Forrester XT 07 in Blue. :) I love my subie Can"t wait to take it 4wding!!!!!

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:14 am

Mares wrote:Hi Mary here. New member. Member of Subaru 4WD Club.

I am from Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast. Just moved this year from Brisbane.
I have a Subaru Forrester XT 07 in Blue. :) I love my subie Can"t wait to take it 4wding!!!!!
Welcome to the forum :smile:

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

troy_i

hi from newby

Post by troy_i » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:04 pm

hi , just joined the forum, ordered a new 2011 subaru tribeca, should be here by end september 2010, in charcoal grey,

just came from an ssv commodore and also a vx prado, hope the subaru holds it own in the car world.. thanks

JLE-04B

Post by JLE-04B » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 am

I fill the cliche: long time reader, first time member. I've had a look around the site a few times since buying my ex-demo Outback 3.0R in 2005. But now that I've got a problem with the car, I've become one of the selfish types who only join because there's something in it for them - sorry :( But I will hang around and help/advise/comment where I think I can help others.

Hazey

Post by Hazey » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey guys, thought it was time for me to drop my first post.

Name's Ben, and I'm from Bendigo in Victoria. I recently took possession of an '89 Brumby shortly before signing up to this forum. I'm looking forward to having a few things done to it and getting into a bit of offroading with it. There will be a build thread of it going up soon because I know everyone enjoys reading up on the progress of other people's rides (I know I do anyway!)

I recently spotted El_Freddo in Ruby Scoo and gave him the thumbs up :D that was enough inspiration to get me posting, knowing that there are members in my area!

Look forward to meeting and hitting some trails with as many of you as I can, because I'm really enjoying this experience that is Subaru ownership!

Cheers
Hazey

JPM

New Jack

Post by JPM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Hello all.

Not exactly new to this forum, was on it many years ago when I had a '95 Impreza WRX Wagon.

I just purchased the worlds cheapest '04 Impreza GX Wagon and have the modification bug. Hopefully you'll see some photos as I lift it.

Regards

Jayd

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Hazey wrote:I recently spotted El_Freddo in Ruby Scoo and gave him the thumbs up :D that was enough inspiration to get me posting, knowing that there are members in my area!
G'day Hazey... So I'm guessing you were the one in the beige brumby on Neile St I saw last night?

My subi lives on Curtin st from time to time...

Hope to catch you around ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Hazey

Post by Hazey » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:01 am

Bingo :P My brother lives on Neale Street and I was heading over there to finish fitting my UHF aerial. My place is on the other side of that big roundabout.

Give us a yell next time you're around with not much going on... It would be good to properly introduce myself and meet the Beast!

robbo123

Post by robbo123 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Howdy - new member, new to melbourne, new to my own suby.....picked up a 1991 l series for $2,000 with rego and RWC, had her a few months and am head over heels...would not sell it for 6k now...joined this site as i am looking at putting a bit of TLC the cars way and will need to pick the brains of a few on here at some point im sure....First question would be is anyone can tell me where i can take my old suby to a good reliable mechanic to get her serviced, then maybe lifted? Been to a few jerks (as always) and only aware of one other good mechanic for them, but cant go to him. (feel bad i didnt buy the l series he was trying to sell me)...Any info is of use to me. Cheers

Mr Lizard

Post by Mr Lizard » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:02 am

I'm going to get a brumby in about 4 hours. Good times.

RogDog

Howdy

Post by RogDog » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:23 pm

I've been on Ausubaru since 2006 and still feel like a new member. The next mods i wanna make for my L series is a custom bullbar and exocage/shield layer, that are street legal. I want to do this for minor protection against flying debris when we intercept storms/microbursts/tornados.

here's our last video we made on the 2010 september floods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKdD7e17EHM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subyspeed

Post by Subyspeed » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:57 am

Hey everyone ! I am new to the site but not to subarus. I own a 2007 stage 2 STI and i just picked up a 92 legacy ss ( liberty RS to you guys i belive)

After that comment it is obvious im from america lol.

I was just joining up here to learn more about my new liberty and to hopefully get some sweet Australian add ons for it

Neeko

Post by Neeko » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Hey Guys :)
Last week I ordered a brand new MY11 Subaru Impreza WRX and should have it Christmas weekend =D I bought a Premium Hatch in blue! So it's definitely time to join a forum and find out useful info as well as introduce myself.
I'm currrently part of opelaus.com as QLD cruise organiser, still drive an 05 barina/corsa which is going to change shortly.
Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Nicolai

Rose

Post by Rose » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 am

Hi I'm Rose. I have a subaru liberty 1992, my mum has a 2004 one and brother a 2009 outback so we are a subaru family. Once you have a subaru you never go back.
I am no mechanic so I am desperately searching for one since my last mechanic retired to go fishing. I live in Hervey Bay but am willing to go to Maryborough for good service. We have Jack Casey here but they are rip-offs and pretty ignorant of scoobies. Please help.
Thanks.

Return to “New Members & Introductions”