newbie help for brumby

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
jakebrumby

newbie help for brumby

Post by jakebrumby » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

dont know much about sound systems but building up a brumby and was wondering what people would reccomend? budget of 500-700 dollars, thanks in advance :)

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:24 pm

If you are going offroad alot don't bother with a cd player just get one of these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dash-SD-USB- ... 27bdc0f695

then spend money on good speakers and a sub and amp

or get a set of these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Monster-Beat ... 2a21952ceb

That way you can spend more money on the brumby :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

jakebrumby

Post by jakebrumby » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:14 pm

haha yea was planning on going with the usb/ipod player, was more concerned about what are good speakers/ subs?

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Alpine S-Type speakers are good bang for buck. I have them in my foz. If you went with the more expensive R-Type instead you would get good bass. Considering you only need 2 aswell not like with a bigger car when you need 4 it could be worth going for good ones.

6 1/2" splits in the R-Type I would recommend. Get a small, cheap 2 channel amp (you don't need 4 channel as you only have 2 speakers) that puts out a min of 60watts to each channel(speaker). Some heavy duty wire and put the amp under the passengers seat or in the dash if small enough. In a brumby I wouldn't bother with a sub, get some top of the line speakers and they will through out enough and go loud enough to make you deaf (like I am going due to listing to my music too loud lol)

Get a headunit with Aux and/or USB connectivity. That way you can have all your music on a single USB and your set. You could get a good head unit for $100-160 then $250 on the speakers, $150 on the amp (ebay is your best bet) and then just wiring, fuses and the likes.

It would go pretty hard like that. And if your young too then obviously the stereo is the most important part of the car ;) :D

jakebrumby

Post by jakebrumby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:17 pm

thanks for your help :)

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”