6" or 6.5" speaker advice for brumby

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
johnno010684

6" or 6.5" speaker advice for brumby

Post by johnno010684 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:34 pm

hi guys, i have just purchased some 6" pods to put in the doors of my brumby and want to put in 2 6" or 6.5" speakers. i have a 2 channel 180 watt alpine amp which i might use and a jvc head unit. what are some decent speakers as i will only be using the two? i am not after big bass as i know its not possible. i am just after something that will crank and not distort when i have doors open working around my ute.

Thanks guys.

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Try Jaycar Response - they have kevalr speakers and they are the best value for money there is. For around $200 they are comparable with $400 Alpines etc...

I had 2 of these in 6.5" in my RS Liberty wagon running of anamp, with 6" versions running straight off the head unit and a small 10" sub in the rear and they absolutely thumped - highly recommended.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:42 am

Talking Brumby and speakers. I should tell where I have my 'front' speakers, 'rears' being in the back ends of the doors. Fronts are in the centre console just below the stereo unit facing the doors with a car wash sponge in the void between them. Works quite well !

mud_king91

Post by mud_king91 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am

i like that idea i might do it to the benz more speakers means more POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:34 pm

What you really want/need in a Brumby is just one pair of splits - main speakers in the kick panels/centre console (as per steptoe's post)/front of door panel and the tweeters on top of the dash board as far towards the seats as you can get them and then aimed as much as possible at the windscreen. The windscreen then acts as a reflector and expands the width of the sound field so it is a bit harder to pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from. But the major benefit of this is that it lifts the vocals so that they appear to be coming straight at you from the fron, just as if you were standing in front of a stage and the music also come from the front but is more of an allover fiil-in sound - basically recreates a live venue. I had this set up in my RS and it really was exactly like I just described. Add a small sub between the seats, or even a slimline under seat sub (or 2) and that would rattle the Brumby to bits.........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ausbrumby

Post by ausbrumby » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:37 pm

I just installed 2 300 watt pioneer 6 inches with no amp and the run great, beautiful sound aswell

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:01 am

If you are interested i have a sub box in my brumby with two 15" i can copy my box and build one for a small price (being a cabinet maker)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 Brumby
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”