Stereo replacement and rear view camera

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
Subby_2000

Stereo replacement and rear view camera

Post by Subby_2000 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:29 am

Hi All,

I am looking to replace the OEM navigation set up in my 2013 WRX. The OEM system looks great but functionally it’s terrible IMO. Unable to play music via Bluetooth and the sound quality is terrible. At max volume it’s quite low. Perhaps it’s a dud.

I don’t want to spend too much in replacing it as I have already spent on a bit in purchasing the car. I would like to install a reverse camera as I am finding the height of boot makes reverse parking challenging at times.

Looking for options as far as installers and car audio stores (Sydney) that a reasonably priced. I am debating as to whether I should buy the equipment and have them installed or take it to a car audio place.

Would love to be able to do it myself but am not that technical.

Advice and tips welcome.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Stereo replacement and rear view camera

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:33 pm

There’s one way to become “that technical”! There are many videos on YouTube about fitting equipment like stereos and reverse cameras.

These days you can get head units that integrate your sat nav and reverse camera features into the head unit.

You will need some tools along the way. Multimeter is an important one. Wire cutters, screw drivers, wire joiners are a few of the other things you’ll need.

When learning these things it’s good to have a mate that knows what they’re doing to learn from. Not always possible but is the best solution.

The alternative is a one stop shop - An audio store should be able to give you a quote for items and fitment for what you want. The go from there. Suss out one you’re happy with and go from there ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Bantum
General Member

Re: Stereo replacement and rear view camera

Post by Bantum » Thu May 06, 2021 2:05 am

Modern electrical systems are much more complex to get setup & running nowadays - So unless your willing to do some study / research & get some practical experience into how to do these things, I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.

Do a bit of Google searching to see what's available for your model / budget, as there are a wide range of products available nowadays.

Sorry I'm not familiar enough with Sydney market to recommend any one, but best bet would be to checkout your local area for reputable shops that do these kind of installs would be my suggestion. ... ;)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”