Two Radio Antenna Plugs

Devices used to chat with here ...
mattims

Two Radio Antenna Plugs

Post by mattims » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:15 pm

I have removed the standard mcintosh stereo from my liberty (2001) and it's got a two antenna plugs for the radio. It always had crappy reception but it only ever had one of them plugged in (because some idiot didnt know how to install a stacker with radio connection thing). Now i am planning on installing my old alpine deck.. and its only got one antenna plug any ideas on what should be done.

btw the car has no arial as such, its supposedly printed on the rear windscreen.

existing plugs in dash are a male and a female arial type plug (male one would go into the plug on the back of my alpine deck).

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:45 pm

Still confused to why it has 2 plugs there unless there is some kind of FM modulator in the vehicle.

But i should be able to sort u out.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:31 am

One is actual for the Japan Market where they use different radio frequency for they FM Radio. Therefore you might have had in the wrong antenna.
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

mattims

Post by mattims » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:42 pm

I'm beginning to think its called a dual diversity antenna .. there is also a booster that needs to get power from somewhere.. why can't it just be simple.

mattims

Post by mattims » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:09 pm

in case anyone else was wondering .. powering the booster and plugging into one of the plugs seems to work ok (well its a lot better than the standard deck with only one plug anyway)

made a little adapter to plug both in myself.. cant tell the difference but it works so im happy.

Chris_Rogers
General Member

Post by Chris_Rogers » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:00 pm

its a diversity plug. I keep the other side of them here if you need it.
Audio Express

1987 HR31 Nissan skyline
1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GTS4

2006 Holden Combo - work van :)

Return to “Communication”