Waeco CF-40

Put your take on things that go into Subies here ...
Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Waeco CF-40

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Great fridge/ freezer that draws little power (once running) to perform its task. Has been dropped, airborn in the back of the Liberty on more than one occasion, had a steel pipe fall on it and been rolled around the shed. It has minor scarring considering whats been done to it. The latching hinge on the lid has broken a few times but is as easy fix to refit the spring.

Works great and has has no issues other than the lid latch. It is has been used nearly every day for the past 2 years. I would highly recomend this fridge model and this brand of fridges.

I also have a CF-50 that is about 6 years old and have no trouble with it either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

BENduro

Post by BENduro » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:07 pm

I second that...Just got back from a 2 week trip and we are stoked with the fridge. It took a little while to settle to the set temp' and we changed from 4deg to 2deg for nice cold beers;) Sat in the back of the car for 4 days running on a 120amp/hour sealed AGM without starting the car or driving and according to the led battery indicator, it hadn't even reached 'low'!
Very happy with the ABR Sidewinder 'flyer' 12v portable battery pack...Soooo easy, charges quickly and isolates starting battery effectively, anderson plugs make it a cinch to remove from vehicle as well:)
Lovin' that there is no more water in the butter:D

plucky

Post by plucky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 pm

I'll also reccomend the CF-40. Had mine 2 years. Used it from vic winters to Outback & Queensland summers. Holds heaps of Venison! I'll never use an esky again when I have 12 or 240 volts.

Tweaksta

Post by Tweaksta » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:58 pm

The CF-40 has a solid reputation...I personally own a CF-18 as it is only me and the missus who go trekking.

In January during our visit to Fraser Island the fridge got tossed around the back of our rental Hilux so much that it getting 10-15cm 'air' off the tray.

To give you an example of just how much 'air' I had a 80 a/h Deep Cycle in a battery box....the battery box simply shattered into 10 pieces of black plastic.

All I was left with was the lid with the posts, battery meter and lighter socket in it but still - it kept our meat frozen for the whole trip and to this day the fridge has never missed a beat.

They are TONKA tough.

Return to “Product Reviews”