lycamobile

Put your take on things that go into Subies here ...
steptoe
Master Member

lycamobile

Post by steptoe » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:11 pm

like all mobile phone service providers - things change.
Looked at them a year ago for a pre paid that has no time limits on the small recharge value they have $10. So good for small use service, especially for SIM card required alarm stuff.

Been using them since this time last year, no probs just no pics send or receive, so if your android gets excited with emoticons ffs won't send message. If receive a pic - get a mesage to visit telstra dot com, code number to view it in next 14 days - so, they use telstra network. Supposedly 2G.

1 cent a minute to call buddies in the US ( hiya Mark !) with 29c conn fee is pretty good, conidering it is 3c a minute any landline in Oz !Though in May 20,13 it was just for 29c, no time charge, thn it changed as I got sorted. Still, to call landlines in Oz for essentially 3c a minute is way cheaper than using a Telstra based landline !! Rave, rave !!

Tried out their unlimited 29.90 for 30 days, unlimited land lines, mobiles, text and 2GB data. OK, not even connecting to data though. Terms and conditions state they will send a text a few days before the 30 days expire.

When I found I had no credit, service expired without courtesy text reminder to top up before 30 days are over - I enquired to be boldly told that they do not send text and I could dial 137 ash to get expiry date.

Looked up terms and conditions for same deal and found they still offer they will send a reminder text a few days before, despite what the Indignant service staff member insisted previously.

I ring back to sort things out to be told same thing by a colleague, so I point out that the terms and conditions state ..... to be met with an ambiguous, we do and we don't ... we don't if there is a network problem or the like reason for you not to get it.

Tell you what, I have had no trouble getting their text messages telling me ( not flipin' asking) to recharge to enable full connection of the offer. I will think about it, and do a recharge in my own time, thankyou very much.

Find out * 137 'ash (hash to some, double cross hatch to pedants ,thus - # ) should get some network details out of the providers automated system

To Google product reviews on this crowd, yet to see a rave review !!

Return to “Product Reviews”