Ferodo Formula TS2000 brake pads

Put your take on things that go into Subies here ...
Alex
Elder Member

Ferodo Formula TS2000 brake pads

Post by Alex » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:15 pm

I have recently purchased a set of ferodo formula TS2000 pads for my liberty. The liberty already brakes extremely well, but now with these pads she stops unbelievably well. Its almost too good to be true!

I was so impressed with these pads i decided to get a set for my l-series wagon(i was abit sceptical it may have been overkill) but may i say, i have never felt a l-series brake so well. They have improved braking astoundingly.

They are a partial ceramic compound ive heard stories about them squelling, i havent experienced this is either car yet.

They are meant to be ferodo's version of bendix ultimate pads, but i think they might be slightly better.

PROS
-extreme improvement on braking performance
-readily available

CONS
-MAY become squeely
-they produce a bit more dust than normal pads
-might be abit pricey for some
-optimal braking once theyve warmed up.

These pads cost me $140 for the liberty and $110 for the l-series from perth brake parts.

I have no worries recommending these pads to anyone who wants better braking at a semi-reasonable price.

I give them 4.5/5 golden doughnuts.

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

CPOCSM

Post by CPOCSM » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Yepp agree - I have them on the Patrol and they are a HUGE improvement although mine started squealing a week after installing them. I use brake squeal spray and stops it for a week or 2;)

Now I have my navy continuation allowance(WOOT!!! $6000 x 2 and a final $12000 over 18 months)the L series is going in for a half life refit!!:D

I also agree with the brake dust - PITA!!!!

Good results all round.

Hooroo
Rob Forsyth

L-Raiser

Post by L-Raiser » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Sounds like a good product Alex.

Let us know how you go with DISC ROTOR lifespans though...

As I found that the stock gen Subaru brake pads in my 2002 WRX were very hard, they stopped very well, lasted a long time, but at the expense of my disc rotors. I went through two new disc rotors in 2yrs. :( And I wasnt very hard on the brakes either. I suppose I could have put in a set of top shelf rotors. But since Im selling the rex, she'll become someone elses concern now.

L-Raiser
:rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

snoppy815

It depends

Post by snoppy815 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:43 am

I am in love with human hair wigs because they last so much longer than synthetic wigs IMO. I used to spend about $20.00/month on synthetic lace wigs. That may not seem like a lot, but do the math over a year's time with a lace wig: http://www.royalmewigs.com

Return to “Product Reviews”