AUSubaru image hosting

Post up links to your Photobucket, Imgur, Google Images on-line here.
Fatz
General Member

Putting picture in your post.

Post by Fatz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:36 am

Here is a step my step walkthrough for those who would like to know how to post pictures on the forum.. (viewing is recommended with screen resolution of at least 1024x768)

If you dont have your own personal web hosting site, there are a few nice and easy free sites for you to host images that are available for you to use..
I find that imagshack.us is really quick and user friendly.

Step 1.
Go to imackshack.us
If the image is located on your pc.. select upload file. click Browse

Step 2.
Locate the selcted file that you would like to upload.(Note. with imageshack, you can only upload images) Once you have found your desired picture. Select it and press ok.

Step 3.
Once you have your image. Select resize image and choose 640x480(this is a nice size for most forums, if you like you may choose a larger size, but will most likely find people complaining about the file size if it isn't an attatchment)
Click host it.

Step 4.
If you would like to host a larger image with details. A thumbnail would be the better option in this case. When doing this. You do not need to resize your image to 640x480, just select your file and host it. Then copy the code out of the "Thumbnails for Forums 1" and paste that in your post..(Note. No editing of the text is required)
A copied thumbnail code (which look very similair to a hotlink)

IMG]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2876 ... ho4.th.png[/IMG]

(i have taken off the first [ so image doesn't show)

This is what the thumbnail looks like on a post.

Step 5.
A hotlink is when the image is "pasted" onto your thread and no clicking is needed by the reader to see the image. To do this. Copy the code in the "Hotlink for forums 1" and paste it in your thread..(Note. No editing of the text is required)

And thats it.. After you have done that.. Submit your post and its all done...
I hope this is a relitave easy step through to understand and will help a few people out.
Ok. I think that makes sense??
Cheers
(Also this process is very similar to putting a picture in your signature... just make the images you want small enough in paint or photoshop, then you can host them with imageshack and paste the codes in the signature box in your profile settings...)

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:29 pm

Great tutorial Fatz.

I find that by installing the Imageshack Quickload it is much simpler to upload pictures to Imageshack.
With a simple right click on the picture and choosing Image Quickload > Upload to Imageshack and away it goes and you end up on the same page with all the links listed. This process eliminates a couple of clicks and is much quicker on my PC.
Peter

Outback bloke

AUSubaru image hosting

Post by Outback bloke » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:18 am

We have had free image hosting here at AUSubaru for a long time and it seems no one knew about it until recently. It is very simple to use to upload your pics. Sign in and create an account.

http://www.ausubaru.com/coppermine/

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:16 am

Lol thats so old windows pics:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Return to “Photo Gallery”