EP-S Air Suspension Lights flashing

Donkeytits1

EP-S Air Suspension Lights flashing

Post by Donkeytits1 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Now, I know there has been some discussion on this topic over the years.

But can someone definitively say what it means when the EP-S panel flashes both the up and down lamps at the same time? Roughly 2 or 3 times per second

Does it mean something specific or does it just mean "There is some problem!"? There is no CEL.

Can anyone point me to some documentation? The service manual I have doesn't address the EP-S system and the list of ECU codes doesn't have anything sussy related. I have read codes from the ECU a number of times for various reasons, and have never had a code come up that wasn't on the list. So, the ECU either doesn't report E-PS codes or I've never had an EP-S error before.

I have had the car for 6 years, been in the family for 16 and the suspension is fantastic. Over the last few months while driving the lights will start flashing with no apparent malfunction in the suspension system. A quick flick of the key to Acc then back to ON makes the flashing stop, again with no change in suspension behaviour.

Occasionally you'll find the car has lost air on its front end. Sporadically, maybe once a month. Soapy water occasionally reveals a leak on the upper solenoid fittings. I have fixed this with new Orings, and have been meaning to do the same for all the other air fittings.

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”