2" lift and 27" tyres

JP147

2" lift and 27" tyres

Post by JP147 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:19 pm

on an MY and with 14" sunrasias. Will there be rubbing? The front guards are already cut and the inner guards are hammered.
I have driven with 27" tyres and no lift before, there is some rubbing around corners and when going over bumps.

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:22 pm

There will be when bouncing around offroad.. probably not onroad. Maybe at full lock.

Brumby Kid
General Member

Post by Brumby Kid » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Yes there is a need for either cutting OR rolling the guards and fun with a hammer.
It's not much but the rear needs a bit of a hammer out, unless you are going to do the radius rod modification to push the wheels forward more.
Then there is the front (even without the above). A mate just cut off the bit that has the rough stone protection from the wheel right to the front which looks good. I just made a cut and bent it around/ rolled it out the way. It is bit of a problem when turning on a bump. Will get around to the radius rod mod and then get them rolled or cut like my mates.
Trust me you don't want to know what it's like without, sooo much rubbing. Oh and I only have 25" tyres lol

Cheers Cam
When life gives you a corner, drop a gear, pitch, and stomp the loud pedal
Bianca: 1991 Subaru Brumby
My First / Project car

EA81 Rebuilt by Tony Knight from knight Engines
2" body lift
25" 185r14 Yokahama Delivery Star, light truck tyres
2" Sports exhaust
Rear Aguip step/bar
Liberty seats
"Bianca"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dads Car: 02 Impreza WRX STi
Mums Car 08 Liberty Wagon

JP147

Post by JP147 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:01 pm

The tyres say 27 on them but I just measured them with a tape measure and they are a bit under 26" because they are pretty worn out. The tread is still pretty good though.

My front panels have already been cut pretty far, does this look like enough? The inners are pretty hammered too.

The rear guards have already rolled themselves, but I will see how much they would need hammering.

Thanks for the advice

Brumby Kid
General Member

Post by Brumby Kid » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:34 am

Without seeing the car in person I would say that your front guards have already had the treatment. The rear looks like it's been trimmed a little, and the front the big bit with stone protection removed.
The rear wheels shouldn't need anything. Sorry if i confused you talking about front and rear in my last post.
Send us a message and if you ever want/ need some help im happy to. I'm often in Pt Adelaide for the other half, and their is a nice little community of us in Adelaide that are happy to help each other out. Silver bullet for example.

Cheers Cam
When life gives you a corner, drop a gear, pitch, and stomp the loud pedal
Bianca: 1991 Subaru Brumby
My First / Project car

EA81 Rebuilt by Tony Knight from knight Engines
2" body lift
25" 185r14 Yokahama Delivery Star, light truck tyres
2" Sports exhaust
Rear Aguip step/bar
Liberty seats
"Bianca"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dads Car: 02 Impreza WRX STi
Mums Car 08 Liberty Wagon

JP147

Post by JP147 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks for that. I will see how it goes but it should be right.
The front of the car is pretty chopped, the back is standard (but the wheels rolled the guards). If I have issues with clearance at the back, I could just wind the adjusting nut under the seat a little.

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”