Brumby Bushes: Part numbers

Brumby Kid
General Member

Brumby Bushes: Part numbers

Post by Brumby Kid » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:21 pm

SuperPro Polyurethane bushes (Dark Blue)

This is a list of all the bushes and Superpro part numbers you need to give your Brumby, or MY wagon/ sedan new Superpro Polyurethane bushes.
This took some time to compile and buy as the catalog is next to useless. I have given the measurements ( Shaft size ) as there are multiple sizes listed, these are for my Brumby. If these sizes aren't the same for you then look under Subaru Leone in the Superpro catalog/website. The only difference should be the LCA (24 or 28 ) and the sway bar.

The kits come with grease and if you have never done it before, you can never use enough, you don't want them to dry out and then wear out.
To get the press fit bushes out I used a gas torch and a hammer/perfect size socket. The old ones where rubber so I just burnt them off and hit them out (If you know me on bookface you may have seen a pic of my mate giving the LCA a nice big flame). The new bushes are all split, so no need to press fit them.

SPF1383-22K Front swaybar to chassis 22mm
SPF1099-17K Sway bar to lower control arm 17mm
SPF1097K Lower control arm, Split bush and tube 28mm
SPF1098K Front strut bar to chassis (radius rod) 17mm

Rear
SPF1097K Front Lower Control arm kit (Split bushes and tubes) (Updated and correct)
SPF3005K X3 Diff pinion to crossmember. 1 for diff to torsion bar, 2 for diff hanger/ mo bar

Hope this helps and encourages people to go out there and give their Brumby new bushes all round. It isn't that expensive and is very very cheap compared to getting a mechanic to do it.

Cheers Cam
When life gives you a corner, drop a gear, pitch, and stomp the loud pedal
Bianca: 1991 Subaru Brumby
My First / Project car

EA81 Rebuilt by Tony Knight from knight Engines
2" body lift
25" 185r14 Yokahama Delivery Star, light truck tyres
2" Sports exhaust
Rear Aguip step/bar
Liberty seats
"Bianca"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dads Car: 02 Impreza WRX STi
Mums Car 08 Liberty Wagon

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks very much for sharing this.

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Great info. I've done most of mine including gearboz and engine mounts but still have a vibration....
whats the rear trailing arm bush? Is that the front of the torsion bar to chassis?

Brumby Kid
General Member

Post by Brumby Kid » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:27 am

The rear trailing bush is where the swing arms pivot freely on the torsion bar. Originally Press fit, but come as a split bush with crush tubes.
The kit listed above is WRONG! Turns out you actually need the front Lower control arm kit (SPF1097K). Just remove the old bush including outer tube, then simply install the new split bush.

Cheers Cam
When life gives you a corner, drop a gear, pitch, and stomp the loud pedal
Bianca: 1991 Subaru Brumby
My First / Project car

EA81 Rebuilt by Tony Knight from knight Engines
2" body lift
25" 185r14 Yokahama Delivery Star, light truck tyres
2" Sports exhaust
Rear Aguip step/bar
Liberty seats
"Bianca"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dads Car: 02 Impreza WRX STi
Mums Car 08 Liberty Wagon

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:00 am

Yes, both the Super pro and Nolathane kits that are listed for the rear trailing arms were completely wrong in all dimensions. Was the same for my wagon, and Cam's ute. The front LCA's and rear trailing arm bushes are either 24mm or 28mm OD and you need to measure your old ones and know this before you order the bushes. Also the product info for these urethane bushes says you re-use the old shell (says this for the diff hanger bushes as well) which is also totally wrong. You need to remove the old shell which is the hardest part; before I got a press I did it by hacksawing a slot in one side of the shell and bashing it out with a sacrificial socket.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Nubaru

Post by Nubaru » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:44 pm

someone on another forum swears by these

http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/YJ-Small- ... /3190/3485
for rear trailing arm front bushes I think