L rear swaybar on MY

steptoe
Master Member

L rear swaybar on MY

Post by steptoe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 am

If I go ahead with plan 2006 - Project Cheap Grief will make way for EA82T powered Brumby, and braked by its disc rear.

I will have a rear sway bar and swing arms with the brackets salvaged off the GLTA, thinking of cutting the sway bar down to fit across the Brumby correctly and make up after market sway bar style mounting brackets to firm up the rear handling and not much care for articulation - already got a thicker Selby ? 25mm front bar
Whiteline used to do a BSR241 to suit bolt on for MY, dropped production likely due to no interest, maybe due to the cost more than anything, or, not many 30 year old MY's about no more.

Anyone done an L rear bar to MY ??
I may also have a turbo front engine cross member up for grab$ if I go ahead with plan

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:58 pm

If you do be sure to post plenty of pics! I'm interested in how this might turn out.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 pm

I made some brackets to fit an L sway bar to MY rear arms, just need welding on.

I doubt I'll use them, are they of any interest to you?
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 am

Gannon, not at this stage thanks - reckon the bolt on, bolt off approach may be the way to go if engineering cert is required for such a simple mod in todays funny world :)

I'll see how I go

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”