liberty hight

leeton1203

liberty hight

Post by leeton1203 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:33 pm

I have had a look throughthe forums and it seems that there is a fair amount of options for getting more hight under the liberty. I have got a 95 liberty gx hat i paid 2000. It has been great for me ba clearence and suspension travil when i start going off onto rougher roads. So i was wanting to know what is the cheep and easy way to get some hight though still keeping it on the road legaly.just put on new tires so thats out of the question for now but would like to put something a little larger in the future. I would appreciat your help
leeton

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:35 pm

i believe (someone correct me if im wrong please) outback suspension is a good replacement as it is already higher then the liberty suspenion then modifying the outback suspension with springs, struts and spacers
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:03 pm

thunder039 wrote:i believe (someone correct me if im wrong please) outback suspension is a good replacement as it is already higher then the liberty suspenion then modifying the outback suspension with springs, struts and spacers

Agreed. Venom did this with his Lib and has 2" higher lift than a standard Outback of the same year and 3" compared to a lib. Im sure he can explain in more detail.

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 pm

+1 to outback suspension.. higher spring perch means lifted get some lift hd springs and some lift blocks and you've got yourself a tall rig.
"the wisest of men followed the stars"
<a href="http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthrea ... 200">CHLOE THE LIBERTY</a>
to do list:
-3" strut, 2" body lift uni mid-year break

leeton1203

Post by leeton1203 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks for the help. So to make sure i got it right, when we talk about outback suspension i asume is the sping and absorber assembly that is changed over and that gives an approxamet 1". But im not to sure about adding a lift is that larger springs and absorber as in the larger 4x4 or just a spacer set up. An the other thing i forgot to ask was cv stress, is that a major problem on a 3" lift as it is often said to be. Parden my ignorence but i have realy only got experence in patrols and thoughs larger cars. Oh yha with the outback suspension chane is that as simple as bolt in bolt out or is it ruther involved, while asking how about he lifts are they an easy install and what brands and setups are around and recomended

leeton1203

Post by leeton1203 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks for the help. So to make sure i got it right, when we talk about outback suspension i asume is the sping and absorber assembly that is changed over and that gives an approxamet 1". But im not to sure about adding a lift is that larger springs and absorber as in the larger 4x4 or just a spacer set up. An the other thing i forgot to ask was cv stress, is that a major problem on a 3" lift as it is often said to be. Parden my ignorence but i have realy only got experence in patrols and thoughs larger cars. Oh yha with the outback suspension chane is that as simple as bolt in bolt out or is it ruther involved, while asking how about the lifts are they an easy install and what brands and setups are around and recomended

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:27 pm

a 3 inch lift will put stress on cv joints but not to much.
a lift on the outback suspension would be bigger springs, bigger shockers and spacers.
2008 zook jimny -sold!

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:11 pm

1st gen outback struts are sstraight bolt in, just have to swap the strut tops in the rear, cv wear is dependant on what type of lift, if you lift purely on the struts it will increase cv wear but if you were to lift the whole body off the drive line (generally what is meant by 3" kit) it makes no difference as they are designed to not alter drive-line geometry at all.
to do list:

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:19 pm

woody.t wrote:if you were to lift the whole body off the drive line (generally what is meant by 3" kit) it makes no difference as they are designed to not alter drive-line geometry at all.
would this be spacers?
2008 zook jimny -sold!

95Liberty

Post by 95Liberty » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I got outback struts and 2 or 3 inch blocks in my Liberty.It goes ok. I used to have longer springs on top of that, but had to remove them because I was going through to many cv joints.

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

thunder039 wrote:would this be spacers?
depends what you mean by spacers. can go 2 ways with lifting either putting spacers on just the four strut tops which will lift your whole driveline and therefore add more angle to a cv or you can put the spacers on everything (struts crossmembers etc etc) which effectively lifts the body away from the driveline and doesn't alter any geometry within it therefore no effect on cvs
to do list:

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”