Brumby front coilovers with standard hats

Prunes

Brumby front coilovers with standard hats

Post by Prunes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Is it possible to use a coil over with a standard brumby hat on it as I'm having issues with the WRX struts for my 4 stud kit not fitting and after having a try have determined I don't have the patience to massage the body till they fit.
2002 Impreza GX Hatch: Dents, Scratches, Missing inside wheel arch, Barely attached front bumper.
1983 Brumby: Currently being rebuilt.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 pm

do you mean 5 stud kit. is it a crossbred kit. if it is , the kit comes with washers so you can put the brumby tops on the impreza struts.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prunes

Post by Prunes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:34 pm

yeah crossbred my bad yeah the issue with the struts I have is the fact the spring and spring top rub excessively, so I was thinking of getting some coilovers and was wondering if the same thing can be done with them, unbolt the coilover top and bolt on the standard brumby one.
2002 Impreza GX Hatch: Dents, Scratches, Missing inside wheel arch, Barely attached front bumper.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Have you discussed the problem with Jeff from Crossbred Performance?
Settlement Creek Racing

Prunes

Post by Prunes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:00 pm

I didn't think there was much to discuss, springs and sheet metal touch, options would be move sheet metal or use narrower spring. I'm opting for the latter.

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”