Raised Springs or Strut Lift

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Depending on the grade of the cast material you may have difficulty welding it too, I can't imagine them using aircraft quality but lets hope it's ok.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 pm

d_generate wrote:Depending on the grade of the cast material you may have difficulty welding it too, I can't imagine them using aircraft quality but lets hope it's ok.
I was told by Subaxtreme that it can be welded up if cracked so we will soon see. I reckon by early next year it will be ro0ted!

mud_king91

Post by mud_king91 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:25 pm

cast can be welded but its not worth the hassle the heat will only weaken the metal around it and break again... did it to the cylinder back when i was in printing in the hope we could 'quick fix' it worked once then 10K and 3 weeks later we decided against it
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSORY... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

WTB
BRUMBY, FORESTER prefferably GT

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:26 pm

I dont understand a few things people have said to do in this thread. First is raised springs. I would , and have put a lift kit in mine. The reasons is , if a spring just happens to give out, for any reason, it is easier to find a stanard spring from almost anywhere to put in untill one of the same can be sort.

Two is the alloy sump gaurd. I put a steel on on and as Mud King 91 has said . If it gets a good smack, it cracks and welding them up, is not really going to fix it.
My steal on bent and all i have to do is take it off and jump on it . Which can be done any where. In the bush, on the side of the road or at home.

But every one to there own .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm

rtcb65 wrote:I dont understand a few things people have said to do in this thread. First is raised springs. I would , and have put a lift kit in mine. The reasons is , if a spring just happens to give out, for any reason, it is easier to find a stanard spring from almost anywhere to put in untill one of the same can be sort.
Not trying to cause an argument but a spring giving out is very unlikely and you it happens in a Subaru then you shouldn't be driving one and need something with leaf springs/heavy duty suspension!
In my opinion of course, but Struts are likely to go...
Two is the alloy sump gaurd. I put a steel on on and as Mud King 91 has said . If it gets a good smack, it cracks and welding them up, is not really going to fix it.
My steal on bent and all i have to do is take it off and jump on it . Which can be done any where. In the bush, on the side of the road or at home.
Been there and done that, had my old sumpguard bent and smashed in. It smashed the bottom of the sump in too... worked really well :roll:

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”