- Master Member
- Posts: 12445
- Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:00 am
- Location: Bridgewater Vic
There’s no one cure-all fix, you have to find one that works for you.
There’s a few methods you could try:
- big impact rattle gun could do the trick
- using an extension or two on the socket so you can use a long breaker bar outside the guard can work, try tightening the bolt to break the tension then loosen. Some back and fourth work might be needed
- *extreme* - drill through the centre of the bolt with a pilot drill. Then go with a larger drill to make the hole bigger without drilling into the captive nut threads. Then try the breaker bar
- use heat to loosen things up
Worst case scenario is the bolt snaps. Then it’s really not fun
Hopefully one of those methods work out for you!