Outback lift

Maggoo

Post by Maggoo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Well i got my springs last week.
Installed them yesterday, took quite a while as i have never done them before but it was good fun :)
Had no issue with camber
Will probably get a wheel alignment/balance when i get my body lift and new tires which will hopefully be in a few weeks.
Anyway heres some pics:

The bolt on the last strut we had to take off was ridiculously tight. As we didn't have a rattle gun this was some dodgy mechanics at its best. Used a scissor jack to turn the socket wrench. Worked great thought :)

After the job was done. About a 30mm lift.

My Outback and my mates L series. Soon both will be lifted and i think i might look at getting a subaxtreme bullbar.

Also i saw this Outback which had a 2 inch lift with 3 inch strut tops. Gen3 h6 Outback
Would that mean the lift has added an extra inch of clearance? Is that possible with multilink suspension and without harming the cv angles?

Cheers,
Paul

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Sure is. I have got a Gen 4 but it is the same as your car underneath at the back. I have had my lift in there for nearly 4 years now and have never done a CV joint. It is a 2"-3" combo.

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 am

Tuckerbag wrote:Depend on model you might have to buy camber bolts to compensate.
Can't put camber bolts in the back of multi-link stuff - need to buy either a Whiteline bush kit (KCA399) or a Lateral Link Kit (KTA124).
Maggoo wrote: Used a scissor jack to turn the socket wrench. Worked great thought :)
Buy a breaker bar...

Maggoo

Post by Maggoo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 am

Outback bloke wrote:Sure is. I have got a Gen 4 but it is the same as your car underneath at the back. I have had my lift in there for nearly 4 years now and have never done a CV joint. It is a 2"-3" combo.
Cheers mate
bobbyjimmy wrote: Buy a breaker bar...
Couldn't fit one under even if i had one. There was no room for leverage because of the wheel arch

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:13 pm

I can get a breaker bar with a 19mm socket on the nut, then a 19mm spanner on the bolt.
You using long/extended sockets?

ckbandit

Post by ckbandit » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:20 pm

so did you hear back from Dave Pricing eta ?

Maggoo

Post by Maggoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 pm

ckbandit wrote:so did you hear back from Dave Pricing eta ?
Yeah i got an eta just awaiting a price :)
Outback bloke wrote:Sure is. I have got a Gen 4 but it is the same as your car underneath at the back. I have had my lift in there for nearly 4 years now and have never done a CV joint. It is a 2"-3" combo.
Hey mate how has your insurance handld this? Do they care? You still covered?
Or have you just not told them? haha
I don't want to do my lift and bigger tires and the have insurance not cover me if i make a claim.

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”