El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: NEW FORUM TEST

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:27 pm

Bumpty wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:18 pm
AndrewT wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:29 am
I've often thought it would be good to link the two together somehow. There is a lot of valuable input going into Facebook that gets pretty much lost - it's not exactly easy to search back in Facebook groups and find what you want. Likewise there are people who use FB and not forums and vice versa. I thought maybe a forum section in here called "Facebook Posts", linked to a particular Facebook group (like for instance "Subarus Offroad Australia" is a good one).

- Every post that is made on the Facebook group, also pops up as a new thread on here.
- Every reply someone does on the Facebook group shows up as if a member here replies, except they are "Facebook User - Joe Bloggs".
- It could also go both ways, so a member of this forum could do a normal forum reply, and that would show up as a post on actual Facebook, but from "Ausubaru.com.au user Dennis Denuto".

I think it's fairly easy to get a Facebook feed running into a website, but not so sure about as actual posts / threads in a forum.
Also, the forum would need its own actual Facebook account to make the posts and not sure how that would fit in with Facebook's guidelines.

Just a thought anyway - a way to blend the two so the communities can still communicate with each other on common themes.
This is the first time I’ve heard the idea of trying to integrate the 2 platforms, and if cracked it could well be the way for forums to stay active and valuable information stored. Facebook is like a hole in the pocket, what goes in will eventually fall out through the bottom and be lost.
That’s a wicked idea Andrew, I like it! And I’m with Bumpty, first time I’ve heard of this idea! The only real issue for the forum would be the same old noob questions popping up time and time again - unless a Facebook user can effectively search the forum for their answers - but what fb user does this in the first place??

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Sandbox”