zupps Subaru

Testing and what ever here.
Fabes

zupps Subaru

Post by Fabes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 pm

On Tuesday this week My 04 outback was booked in for its 100k service. On drop off I mentioned that I may of picked up a stone in the front rotor. So 4 hours later I get a call to say it is going to cost $2000.00 for the service. Fearing that I may be back in NZ I feared I was about to be fleeced. So I asked what was wrong with the vehicle.
They said that
the front pads needed replacing a given
that front rotors needed machining a maybe
the reverse switch needed replacing as the reversing lights did not work??? I had pulled a fuse the night before.
Most of the pulleys on the cam belt needed replacing????
Cam belt tensioner needed replacing????

I asked for a breakdown of the cost and all they came back with was front brake pads fitted $200.00 reasonable. Front rotors machined $220.00?? and that was where the breakdown finished. I said that I would arrange my local mechanic to do the front brakes.
Picked up a set of pads from Repco for $83.00 and than proceeded to replace front pads. Front wheels had not been off the car, front rotors had no scoring and were not warped. So why did they need machining.

I purchased the car from the same dealer with a 2 year Subaru Assured warranty and yet they had no record of this. After insisting they looked through the sales pack to confirm I had purchased the warranty and thus the pulleys and reverse switch was covered under warranty. So $2000-$420.00= $1580.00 I paid $1345.00 for the service leaving $235.00 to cover the cost of the belt tensioner, lower tooth gear,two other pulleys and a so called faulty reverse switch (a fuse pulled the night before).

I can not help but feel a little touched from the whole ideal. I was expecting $1000.00 for a 100k service.

regards fabes:confused:

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:45 pm

theyre stiffing you big time for that cost.
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

Thumpage44

Post by Thumpage44 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Yer mate, just pick up a workshop manual for your engine/car type and do the service yourself. That way you know exactly whats been done and when. Also it give you the choice of putting performance or stock part on. But it appears youve taken steps towards that already! Good on ya!

Return to “Sandbox”