liberty weatherstrip

AUSubaru Technical Manual. Collaborative Tech Manual for ALL Subarus.
tex

liberty weatherstrip

Post by tex » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:27 pm

I have a 90 model wagon with some rust under the rear lower weatherstrip and have been able to get all the other trim off from around the bottom how do i do it?

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:49 pm

where are you talking about? under the rear side windows glass behind the black plastic strip? They all rust there, every little bit of crap you get in your gutter ends up stuck in behind that plastic.

Start from the rear. open the tailgate, and slide in a screwdriver under the plastic part and pop it out. Then continue along the
plastic part.

I sanded mine all back, welded up a small hole that was there and then had it resprayed. Looks OK now

Another spot to look for rust is under the rubber seal where your tailgate meets the body, near the latch. Crap gets flicked up inside the rer bumper, and ends up under this seal. Mine had some surface rust there nothing serious thankfully.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

tex

Post by tex » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:11 pm

Yeah sorry about that I was refering to the aluminium strip below the window on the outside i managed to get the top one off with no hastles and the bottom although similar doesn't want to play the game!

Return to “Tech Manual”