New: AUSubaru Tech. Manual up - ausubaru.wikidot.com

AUSubaru Technical Manual. Collaborative Tech Manual for ALL Subarus.
Bantum
General Member

Update ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:13 pm

I've just added a SPFI conversion page in a new section + revised a few pages, still heaps more to do though ... :(

P.S. - I've also updated the main menu on side with a new heading 'Advanced Workshop' & moved the modification sections under it ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Any chance you could link my Hitachi rebuild thread? I see there's not much in the fuel and emissions section ;)

showthread.php?t=23367&highlight=hitachi+rebuild
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Was looking for wheel nut tightening torque & came across this:
"Outback / Forester / some Impreza models Wheels - 115mm PCD x 5 stud"

It should be 100mm PCD (at least with the SF Foz - I think 115mm came in later)

So anyway...what is the correct torque for an SF Foz wheel stud?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Bantum
General Member

Added ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Silverbullet wrote: ... Any chance you could link my Hitachi rebuild thread ... ?
Done ... :)
Silverbullet wrote: ... I see there's not much in the fuel and emissions section ... ;)
Yeah , I've been meaning to find more, just haven't got round to it. Seems like I'm the only one doing anything atm ... :D

Cheers, Bantum ...

Bantum
General Member

Correction ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 am

NachaLuva wrote: ... It should be 100mm PCD ( at least with the SF Foz - I think 115mm came in later ) ?
Noted + Corrected ... ;)
NachaLuva wrote: ... So anyway ... what is the correct torque for an SF Foz wheel stud ... ?
I've no idea, but when I do find out, will post it up ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Bantum
General Member

Watcher ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:13 am

Sorry, must of missed this ...
Subyroo wrote:I have signed up to Wikidot under Subyroo (of course :D), do I also need an invite from you for the site?
If you wish to contribute / become an editor :

First: Signup to wikidot.com - Use the same name as you use on this site so we can keep track.

Second: Go to ausubaru.wikidot.com

Third: Become a "Watcher" for the wiki - scroll down & look for a box in the lower right of screen labelled 'Watch: site' - Click on this to add your name.

Fourth: Once your name has been added & shows up on the "watchers" list, Please then PM 60766244 or post in this thread so we know who to "Invite" to the specific wiki.

Fifth: Once you've accepted your invitation to ausubaru.wikidot.com then you should be able to Edit / Add articles and improve the wiki as we go along !

Cheers, Bantum ...

P.S. - I might make this a bit clearer also on the wiki page itself ... :)

Bantum
General Member

No more pages ...

Post by Bantum » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Hmm ...

We seem to have hit a snag, as the Wiki site is not responding to our requests for a fix to 'add' more pages ... :(

Can anybody help ?

Ciao, Bantum ...

subabooba

Post by subabooba » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Bantum wrote:Hmm ...

We seem to have hit a snag, as the Wiki site is not responding to our requests for a fix to 'add' more pages ... :(

Can anybody help ?

Ciao, Bantum ...
What do you mean?

I can set you up something on another server if thatsw hat you're after, if you have. Way to get the data out of the other site. Do they have an API? (I haven't looked sorry,ca n next week).

Post by 60766244 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Okay, so, made a page the usual way I made each and every other page.

http://ausubaru.wikidot.com/wiki:added- ... for-bantum

Not sure what the go is there buddy - she seems to be working great!
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Post by 60766244 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Go to the "Admin Toolbox" on the side menu there, and click "Edit this menu" on there, once there you'll see the code setup for the menu.

Follow the way it's setup there, being careful not to disturb existing pages. (Copy paste a page template, then change it's name how it should be for your specific topic for the page.

Save the changes, then go back to the home page to view your new menu item. Click on the new menu item - it will display a page asking if you'd like to make one to suit this item, since one doesn't currently "Exist" - click the link and play to your hearts content.

Also, edit the one I made to the page you've been wanting to build. :)

Hope I helped.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Bantum
General Member

Nope ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:28 am

60766244 wrote: ... Copy & paste a page template, then change it's name how it should be for your specific topic for the page - Save the changes, then go back to the home page to view your new menu item. Click on the new menu item - it will display a page asking if you'd like to make one to suit this item, since one doesn't currently "Exist" - click the link ...
Well that's what I had been doing ( just tried it again & still doesn't work for me now ) so might have to find another way to add the pages ... :( ... keeps coming up with this: http://ausubaru.wikidot.com/wiki:spare-parts

P.S. - the box 'add new page' don't work either ... :(

I just had a thought : Is there a limit to number of pages ?

Cheers, Bantum ...

Post by 60766244 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Bantum wrote:Well that's what I had been doing ( just tried it again & still doesn't work for me now ) so might have to find another way to add the pages ... :( ... keeps coming up with this: http://ausubaru.wikidot.com/wiki:spare-parts

P.S. - the box 'add new page' don't work either ... :(

I just had a thought : Is there a limit to number of pages ?

Cheers, Bantum ...
Were you able to edit the page I'd made?

I just un-made, then re-made you an admin on the page.

Has this fixed the issue?

Bantum
General Member

Re : Page Add ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:03 am

Yep - I can do all the normal editing, just can't add a page for some reason ... :(
Not to worry ( to much ) as I'll just ask you to fix it for us ... :)

On that note - Can you please check that the page 'Spare parts' is working correctly for you Jay Jay ? as well as my latest page 'Subaru Links' - the intent here is to add some 'official' Subaru web sites & interesting tid bits in the library ... ;)

P.S. - I also did a quick check of the site & it says there is a max of 300 MB storage ...

Cheers, Bantum ...

Post by 60766244 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Hey Bantum,
How's the site been for you?
I've been off AUSubaru for a while now so I haven't kept up. PM me if you want and I'll pass full admin over to your account. :)

Bantum
General Member

More Wiki ...

Post by Bantum » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:51 am

Sorry I missed this earlier ... :o

Sure I'd welcome any input from others out there, but not sure if anybody uses it so haven't bothered with it recently.

It might end up being a suppository of what's already on here.

Any thoughts on where to take this ?

Ciao, Bantum ...

Return to “Tech Manual”