New: AUSubaru Tech. Manual up - ausubaru.wikidot.com

AUSubaru Technical Manual. Collaborative Tech Manual for ALL Subarus.

Fix'd

Post by 60766244 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Bantum wrote:I had another look at the site & it is coming along, allthough the formatting for the 'Engine' page is all wrong ... :( I will have a go at fixing it when I can.

P.S. - The engine list part should be moved under 'general' with heading of 'subaru engines' while the engine mods & repairs etc. left separate in 'workshop' pages.

Cheers, Bantum.
My mistake Bantum, I didn't think to do that.
Remedied.
It has been moved exactly as specified.

If you could PM me how you would like the Subaru Engines page re-formatted, then I could have a quick crack at it if that's easier.

Thanks for all the tips and info!

Cheers,

El_Freddo wrote:If you're after links, check out the stickies in the tech sub forums. There's some great stuff there but it might be worth checking with the OP if it's ok to add it to the manual.

I'm amazed at how quickly and efficiently you've got this up and running!

Cheers

Bennie
Sounds good, cheers Bennie - I will start that off when I have a few hours to sit down and crack it.

I enjoy a bit of IT work, so this was a breeze. Mostly, lots and lots of copypasta and some coding. :mrgreen:

Hit me up for any further improvements! Cheers,
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Bantum
General Member

Work to do ...

Post by Bantum » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:23 pm

60766244 wrote: ... Subaru Engines page re-formatted ...
Thanks ... :D

P.S. - It should be Same as on AUSubaru site ... Will need to Check / Edit it first though - when I get time ... ;)

P.P.S. - I've thought of a few more headings to add, see here ...

Also the looking through the site there are a few pages that should be moved or merged with others, like :

- 'Contents' should be under 'General' ( which needs to be tidied up too )

Cheers, Bantum.

Note : Will add more when I find them ...

Bantum
General Member

Next step ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:09 pm

How to become a wiki member ... ( After you've done the first bit of registering )

Once you have signed in, do we need to be approved to edit / add stuff ? ( As the site is not letting me do anything, which is good for security, but not if you want input )

What's the process ? ... ( Another bit of info says we have to be 'invited' to use the site ... :) )
Site administrators can send individual invitations to other users to participate in a particular users community. If you want to be able to receive such invitations - check the checkbox. If not - uncheck it and the invitations will be blocked for you.
P.S. - There is also a 'watcher' link down the bottom left of menu, what is this ?

Ciao, Bantum ...

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Here is some more to add to it. Pin outs and Wiring diagram for 3 plug EA81 T.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/atar/EFI2.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/atar/EFI3.jpg
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 pm

So great this is being done. When finished it will be invaluable! :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Sorry for the slow replies!

Post by 60766244 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Bantum wrote:Thanks ... :D

P.S. - It should be Same as on AUSubaru site ... Will need to Check / Edit it first though - when I get time ...

P.P.S. - I've thought of a few more headings to add, see here ...

Also the looking through the site there are a few pages that should be moved or merged with others, like :

- 'Contents' should be under 'General' ( which needs to be tidied up too )

Cheers, Bantum.

Note : Will add more when I find them ...
Bantum wrote:How to become a wiki member ... ( After you've done the first bit of registering )

Once you have signed in, do we need to be approved to edit / add stuff ? ( As the site is not letting me do anything, which is good for security, but not if you want input )

What's the process ? ... ( Another bit of info says we have to be 'invited' to use the site ...

P.S. - There is also a 'watcher' link down the bottom left of menu, what is this ?

Ciao, Bantum ...
Hey Bantum!

Sorry for the slow replying, for some reason I never saw new posts had been added to the thread until today. :-|

Anyways, I have sorted it out and you should be a "Member" of the site now... I have "Invited" you to join.

Since you're the first "Member" to the site it's been a learning curve for me too.

Happy editing! :)

So, for all others interested in contributing:

First: Signup to wikidot.com - Use the same name as you use on this site so I can keep track. :)

Second: Go to ausubaru.wikidot.com

Third: Become a "Watcher" for the wiki - this will allow me to "Invite" you to the site. Please then PM me or post in this thread so I know to "Invite" you to the specific wiki.

Fourth: Once you've accepted your invitation to ausubaru.wikidot.com then you should be able to edit articles and improve the wiki as we go along! :mrgreen:

I know it's a bit of mucking about for everyone, but it should eliminate spamming since it's an invite only system.

This wiki should be something grand once we have a few working on it. :D

Matt wrote:Here is some more to add to it. Pin outs and Wiring diagram for 3 plug EA81 T.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/atar/EFI2.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/atar/EFI3.jpg
I will add this to the wiki! (Unless Bantum does before me as I am scratching for some time over the next few days in the lead-up till Christmas.)

Thankyou for your contribution. If you'd like to add yourself to the site so you can do it please follow the steps outlined above.
nachaluva wrote:So great this is being done. When finished it will be invaluable! :mrgreen:
Cheers for the feedback! I hope it helps others as much as it has helped me already. As these Subi's get older they'll need more fixing and it'll get more complex to be sure. :rolleyes:
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 pm

60766244 wrote: I know it's a bit of mucking about for everyone, but it should eliminate spamming since it's an invite only system.
Mate do whatever you have to do to keep it protected. I've only heard bout the previous WSM site...I never got to see it before it was wrecked :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Post by 60766244 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 am

nachaluva wrote:Mate do whatever you have to do to keep it protected. I've only heard bout the previous WSM site...I never got to see it before it was wrecked :(
Same, same.

I only saw remnants of it thanks to TOONGA and his use of the webarchive.

Big Kudos to him, without his finding that, I wouldn't have re-made the wiki at all.

Bantum
General Member

Update ...

Post by Bantum » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks to ... ;)

Access is now working & I will progressivley go through it and add / edit as I go ... :D

Cheers, Bantum ... :cool:

Hoorah!

Post by 60766244 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Cool :)

Keep us updated as to general progress! Not sure yet if the wiki will inform me of it - it should, but, not sure.

Cheers,

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 pm

60766244 wrote:Cool :)

Keep us updated as to general progress! Not sure yet if the wiki will inform me of it - it should, but, not sure.

Cheers,
I have signed up to Wikidot under Subyroo (of course :D), do I also need an invite from you for the site?
Peter

coxy

Post by coxy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:58 pm

I just linked it for our mates on USMB as many of us are on both forums,Spread the Love.

Bantum
General Member

Updates ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:21 pm

60766244 wrote: ... Keep us updated as to general progress! Not sure yet if the wiki will inform me of it - it should, but, not sure ...
No worries ...

Here is a short list of things I'm looking at now :
  • Propose adding one page for gear boxes ( similar to engine list )
  • Revising / update 'model' page to include all Aussie Subaru's,
  • Adding to & Fixing Engine list,
  • Plus any thing else I come accross that's not right etc ...
Will notify you all here of any other changes made ... :)

P.S. - Another thought was adding links to other non Aussie 'models' on the list - what does everyone
think ?

P.P.S. - I've added 'library' to the main list & moved relavent items under it ( seemed to make the most sense ) - Ok with you ?

P.P.P.S - I also wanted to update the links to text / title headings - anybody know how to do it in Wiki ?

Cheers, Bantum.

Post by 60766244 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Bantum wrote:No worries ...

Here is a short list of things I'm looking at now :
  • Propose adding one page for gear boxes ( similar to engine list )
  • Revising / update 'model' page to include all Aussie Subaru's,
  • Adding to & Fixing Engine list,
  • Plus any thing else I come accross that's not right etc ...
Will notify you all here of any other changes made ... :)

P.S. - Another thought was adding links to other non Aussie 'models' on the list - what does everyone
think ?

P.P.S. - I've added 'library' to the main list & moved relevant items under it ( seemed to make the most sense ) - Ok with you ?

P.P.P.S - I also wanted to update the links to text / title headings - anybody know how to do it in Wiki ?

Cheers, Bantum.
Sounds good. Great to see you have a handle on the site coding and things. Keep up the good work!

"I also wanted to update the links to text / title headings - anybody know how to do it in Wiki ?"

Specifically where? I could assist here.

Bantum
General Member

Links ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:42 pm

60766244 wrote: ... Specifically where? I could assist here ...
Ok - for example: In the Engine list at top is the 'index' with headings, I want them to point to its corresponding section later in the page ... ;)

We just need to work how to do it with linky thing so that when you select / click on it, it jumps to that section - Saves you from having to scroll through a long document ... :)

Cheers, Bantum

P.S. - There is a list of Turbo's that should be appended to engine list ...

Post by 60766244 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Bantum wrote:Ok - for example: In the Engine list at top is the 'index' with headings, I want them to point to its corresponding section later in the page ... ;)

We just need to work how to do it with linky thing so that when you select / click on it, it jumps to that section - Saves you from having to scroll through a long document ... :)

Cheers, Bantum

P.S. - There is a list of Turbo's that should be appended to engine list ...
Still unsure how to get it to work without resorting to HTML coding. It's simple in HTML and can be found with a search engine. The site allows small amounts of HTML to be activated in the coding, if you have a way that needs no HTML then awesome. :)

Bantum
General Member

Links ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 pm

60766244 wrote:Still unsure how to get it to work without resorting to HTML coding. It's simple in HTML and can be found with a search engine. The site allows small amounts of HTML to be activated in the coding, if you have a way that needs no HTML then awesome. :)
Ok - I will have a bit of a play & see what works ... :)

P.S - I'm thinking of putting more stuff in the Library, stay tuned ... ;)

Post by 60766244 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Bantum wrote:Ok - I will have a bit of a play & see what works ... :)

P.S - I'm thinking of putting more stuff in the Library, stay tuned ... ;)
*anticipates*

Post by 60766244 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 am

Hey all.

Just a bump for the new AUSubaru.com wiki.

It's really simple to contribute - if you're an expert on a topic matter, or just happen to know how things should be, run through the wiki and sign up to wikidot.com, inform me and I'll make you an editor to the wiki.

Just punch out an article, drop it in the site.

If you're not tech-savvy with coding, drop me an email and I'll put in in the wiki.

The more we built it the better it'll be.

Cheers!

Bantum
General Member

More ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 am

60766244 wrote: ... Just punch out an article, drop it in the site ... !
Where's the like button when you need it ? ...

P.S. - There's heaps on AUSubaru that could be added, you just need to sift through it all ... ;)

Sorry I've been pre-occupied with a few other things, but have progressed on the engine / transmission list & will move them into the 'library' when I get a chance ... :p

Ciao, Bantum ...

Return to “Tech Manual”