2000 liberty GX

AUSubaru Technical Manual. Collaborative Tech Manual for ALL Subarus.
chuckles

2000 liberty GX

Post by chuckles » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:16 am

hey El freddo and all , iam picking up a 2000 gen 3 liberty on wednesday, 2litre . i got it for a reasonable price $6900. it has done some 120,000 klm and hasnt had a timing belt change , i checked the manual section but seems Thalass`s megaupload link is down. can someone point me in the right direction if possible or can i basically use the 2.2 liberty manual as a guide to replace timing belt. anyaways as a result of the new vehicle i have an L series 92 with a very good body, decent interior and a motor that is going on 370,000 K , oh yeah and the front left disc needs replacing or grinding level , anyone interested for a reasonable price let me know, all proceeds go to the oldman . my email lee.simpson96@gmail.com Thx gents

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 am

Yes the procedure for changing the timing belt should be almost the same. I think maybe the tensioner may be the only thing that is different.

Great buy
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:51 am

pdf town has the FSM for the 2000 legacy

http://pdftown.com/Subaru-Legacy-1999-2 ... anual.html

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

chuckles

pickup wednesday

Post by chuckles » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:50 pm

thanks for the support fellas , yeah iam a little concerned as iam flying up to brisbane wed to pick it up and drive it to melbourne, damn i hope the timing belt dont give way.. i find it ironic that a car of only 120,000 could just crap itself because of a timing belt misfunction , this timing belt thing has me a little concerned ... thx again
p.s TOONGA niice thanks again

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:15 am

It's not the km's (well it is to an extent), but it's more the age of the belt.

chuckles

Post by chuckles » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:40 pm

bobbyjimmy wrote:It's not the km's (well it is to an extent), but it's more the age of the belt.
So in having done 120,000 klm the belt is fine but i should be more concerned with the 11 years of age , which tells me i need to probably change it before driving 2000 k...

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:55 am

Ahhh no, it should still be changed at 100k km's - but I'm sure the book says it should be changed every 4 or 5 yrs due to it deteriorating.
In saying this, in the US they don't do timing belt changes till 100k or 125k miles - and they use the same belts.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 am

Chuckles not a problem and change the belt it is better to do it now, than have it snap when you are out in the middle of traffic or miles from anywhere.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

chuckles

update

Post by chuckles » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:09 pm

thanks for your input fellas but the whole deal went pear shaped , lost 200 deposit and 65 a piece for the 2 flight tickets. just wasnt meant to be and wont bore you with the specifics.. What i will say is that i have decide3d to keep my L series wagon, throw a new engine in and fix the darn aircon which is my main concern, cant stand the heat... just quickly the aircon went on me on a hot day , i heard a click sound and that was the end , iam told there is is a relay under dash passenger side , is this correct cause its been this way now for some 2 years. checked the circuits under the bonnet with a mate and they are fine. has anyone had the same thing happen and if so is there something i should know, if not i`ll have to take to an auto elec god help my money pockets.. thankyou for your advice guys it helps so much.. cheers

Return to “Tech Manual”