Offroad Loactions in WA

How to get from A to B & devices used ...
guyph_01

Offroad Loactions in WA

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi guys,

Im not sure if this is the right place for this but since its empty i'll be the first to post here:)

I was thinking if we could have some gd directions to, Names or spots or maybe some google maps that show the locations for WA offroad fun places. Untill now i've only been with my car to lancelin were most people know and a place in Banjup on Jandakot road.

Banjup: However this is a PRIVATE property and it is now illegal to drive there and you get in big shit with police etc:(

It would be cool if people could Give the locations of there best, favorite, challenging etc offroading spots:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

GOD

Post by GOD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:20 am

Can't work out how to link to placemarks in Google maps, so I'll just describe.

Mundaring Powerlines: South onto Flynn Rd from Great Eastern Hwy, then left onto the powerlines track (identified by the presence of powerlines). Goes all the way to York, but I've only been as far as Great Southern Hwy. Nganguring Rd can also be interesting.

Pines: Follow Alexander Rd north of Gnangara Rd and there's an entry. There's another entry off Gnangara Rd further inland, but there's always heaps of bikes and quads there

Challenger Beach: haven't been there myself, but know some people who rave about it. Somewhere around Kwinana.

Kal hills and mud circuit: Left off Kambalda Rd near the old nickel smelter pots, follow that for a couple of km, veer right at the big 5-way intersection. Follow that track til it opens up on some salt lakes. Meander through the lakes or go into the hills. Head back out to Kambalda Hwy just south of Mt Hunt. Take Ballast Rd east off the highway. Play in the old quarry. Continue east under the powerlines to Lake Douglas where there are a few more hills. Out onto Great Eastern Hwy.

Esperance: Duke of Orleans Beach

Jarrahdale: don't know details. Technically off limits, but plenty of people go there anyway.

Wilbinga: bush and sand on the way to Lancelin. Access at 31.3724S, 115.6208E

Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:54 am

hey mate...i wouldnt go in the jandakot area too often..ahaha...i live 2 moinutes away and used to go there regularly for aplay, but have got into some serious shit with police and security there.

god has mentionted some good places to go. when i get a few more minutes ill post up some more
dave
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:11 am

yeah i stopped going to the place in jandakot as its a private place and heard people got problems etc but yeah i had to start somewhere:) I'll mod the first post:)

God Great stuff, If you could plz figure out how to post the links or maybe just "printsrceen" then put the map pic would be veryvery helfull or as you did the Latitudes etc.

Thx
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:26 am

Man, I'm convinced that there's a way to get into the pines tracks from north ellenbrook. One day I'll find it, then I'll be able to go to wannaroo without touching bitumen :P
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

Mr Top Hat

Post by Mr Top Hat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Thalass wrote:Man, I'm convinced that there's a way to get into the pines tracks from north ellenbrook. One day I'll find it, then I'll be able to go to wannaroo without touching bitumen :P
just go on Google earth and have a look that's how you find all the secret tracks

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:25 am

Unfortunately the images of the area around ellenbrook are about five years out of date. My house is a tree according to that! But the tracks in the parts not yet bulldozed should still be there, so it's not a bad idea.
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

hurracane

Post by hurracane » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

hey guys, im new and am looking for some 4WD spots and the above threads are a great help however i have been to challenger beach and there is a large gate across the entrance of the beach and a new sign saying it was closed due to environmental reasons, shame was it was a good 4WD beach, but i though it was worth an update

clarkey

Post by clarkey » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:42 pm

there is the dwelling up tracks, they are not bad, bit of fun, have not done it as yet in my subie but did in my old mans triton ute.

Cheers Mike.
nuthin beats a subbi

Previous rides: 1998 rx liberty sedan, 2007 mitsu 380 and now a 2005 foz, lifted with bigger and black wheels ( Got rolled :( ) and now a 100 series land cruiser.

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:36 pm

95Liberty

Post by 95Liberty » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Around Bartons Mill. There are some interesting tracks, some are muddy in Winter. How ever, there are large dieback quarantine areas near by, mostly east of Ashburton road, but I think Bartond mill is ok. The west side of Ashburton road there are many tracks and even a power line. This area is ok as far north as Boundary road which is also an interesting track.There are some gravel pits in the area that dirt bikes love to use. Further south towards Brooken highway, we once came across what appeared to be the remains of a settlement or mill and the bush around there is quiet thick. I,ve also been on the south side of brooken highway, but that was many years ago and cant remember much about it.

95Liberty

Post by 95Liberty » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:20 pm

mt Dale is also worth goin 2 if in the area. Can see for miles and can just see the CBD on the horizon

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Lucky Bay. 580km north of Perth. About 20km stretch of beach, then dunes going back a few km most of the way along.
Probably one of the biggest sand play areas along coastal WA which you are allow to drive on.

Zasranets

nothing else

Post by Zasranets » Tue May 29, 2012 4:42 am

thanks, you right have nice day :)

Return to “Navigation”