Tribeca navigation

How to get from A to B & devices used ...
Sammo

Tribeca navigation

Post by Sammo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Sorry if this is common knowledge or found elsewhere (I did look), but I need to upgrade the sat nav in my 2009 Tribeca.
The dealer told me to go through the Whereis Maps site, but how do I download it to my vehicles system.
Apologies again for the newby question.

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:50 am

I believe there is a procedure of putting the info onto a cd and then inserting the cd into the nav unit for it to upload
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Hey Sammo!

I've got the factory sat nav on mine too and keeping the maps up to date with a DVD seems so 2001, but it's the way we have to do it...

You can spend the money and get a DVD from Whereis, the map supplier in Australia, or you can look at similar options that might be cheaper.

In my 7 years experience updating my maps, I found that either Toyota/Lexus or Mitsubishi maps will work on Subaru too. Just keep in mind that if the system resets (like when you change your car battery) you will need the original DVD to load the initial software back in.

Cheers,
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

Wookie

Post by Wookie » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks for that info, Pedro, been pulling my hair out over the v13 that is on my 08 Tribeca - downloading v20 now. Got every finger crossed.

Cheers, Ally

Wookie

Version 20 is available and ready to go...

Post by Wookie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Sammo wrote:Sorry if this is common knowledge or found elsewhere (I did look), but I need to upgrade the sat nav in my 2009 Tribeca.
The dealer told me to go through the Whereis Maps site, but how do I download it to my vehicles system.
Apologies again for the newby question.

http://kickasstorrents249.rssing.com/br ... &item=5713 is the link for the toyota download - Pedro 100% correct that they are compatible for Subaru. Mine took 13 hours to download and another 20 minutes to burn to DVD+R dual layer disc (I had 4.7 GB discs but it came in at 4.78, so I had to brave the Boxing Day ickiness and go get 8.5GB discs). Just finished, went to the car, ejected V13 (geez) and popped in V20 - presto, I'm updated. The disc is located under the passenger seat if unsure (I didn't know that before yesterday).
If you need additional instructions/advice on doing it (you shouldn't as it's pretty straight forward), then here's another link I used: https://kickass.so/toyota-denso-whereis ... ml#comment

The only additional thing I had to download was BitTorrent pre-download of the software (http://bittorrent-mac.en.softonic.com/mac), but that was for mac.
Anyway, good luck, hope it works for you as easily as it did for me :D

Ally

subabooba

Post by subabooba » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks for those links and info Wookie. I discovered today my wife's barely 6 month old Forester has old maps, with a big new chunk of the Hume missing!! Will try give it an upgrade soon, if I don't put my foot through the useless thing first... Honestly must be the worst unit in any car on sale today?!

Return to “Navigation”