[SA] Tilt Adjustable Steering column - 85 L-Series

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
Gremlins

[SA] Tilt Adjustable Steering column - 85 L-Series

Post by Gremlins » Sun May 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Item
Tilt Adjustable Steering column from an 85 L-Series Touring Wagon

Description
Tilt adjustable Steering column removed from 85 L-Series Touring Wagon and has been in the shed for the last 16 years. Not sure if there's much demand for this sort of thing and if no one is interested it's probably going to go to the metal recyclers.

Condition
Fairly good condition, no cracks or cuts on the steering wheel

Price
Free if you can come and collect it. Otherwise what-ever the postage cost is. Prefer collection as it won't be the easiest thing to send.

Contact
Reply, PM, etc.

RubysueEA82

Post by RubysueEA82 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:54 pm

I reckon I can use that, or at least look to see if it'll fit the later model wagon... cant see if the controls look like ours in a '92 but the washer switch needs replacing anyway... got a key for it?

Cheers

Anthony

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon May 09, 2016 11:46 pm

and here I was thinking you had buckleys in anyone wanting it. I have chucked two or three ....

Gremlins

Post by Gremlins » Wed May 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi RubysueEA82, yeah, do have a key for it. If you're still interested let me know.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri May 13, 2016 11:10 pm

It'll bolt in but if your L is a series two the indicator combination stalk is different and the series one has the lights and the windscreen wipers are on the instrument cluster surround.

You might be able to bolt your stalks to this column, I've never tried. But the cowling won't fit due to the extra stalk. If you cut a hole for the wiper control stalk I reckon you'll find the cowling is a different colour. This may not bother you but it's worth noting.

I'm not trying to dupe someone out of a sale but there are subtle differences that will make a huge difference if you bolt it in as is.

Regards

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “For Sale”