Subaru ea81 trike for sale

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
Tweety
General Member

Subaru ea81 trike for sale

Post by Tweety » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:41 am

:-(:-(With regret I am selling my beloved trike. Multi award winner including USA trike of the month, UK trike of the month and Australian trike of the year 2012. And several trophies.

This trike is unique. Its roof is a one off. The most comfortable trike in the world. 2008 Panther wildcat automatic fully recoed ea81 bored to 1820cc, everything renewed, oil water and fuel pumps etc. 9.5:1 CR and weber 32/36. Fully sorted out this engine is great.

$34,500 negotiable. Reason for selling. I've built my own caravan and that van at 450 kg tare is more than what the trike can legally tow. Am becoming a grey nomad.

New owner must provide tissues... :-(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Tweety wrote::-(:-(With regret I am selling my beloved trike.

New owner must provide tissues... :-(
I know how you feel :(

Are you going with another trike ? or heaven forbid something with 4 wheels.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Something with four wheels Jules :(

I still can't believe it - I thought his family would be burying him with it!

All the best with the sale mate, I wish I could take it on but you know how it is :(

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Looking at a td2000 or mgtf replica with mx5 engine. Good stylish tow car for an infant grey nomad lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

coxy

Post by coxy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:54 am

Noooo just get a good brumby and drop the caravan into the tray and keep the EA81 and swap out the brumby motor into the trike,No Mazda engine will ever outlast an EA81!!!

That way you can spend the money saved on actually going places.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:02 pm

coxy wrote:Noooo just get a good brumby and drop the caravan into the tray and keep the EA81 and swap out the brumby motor into the trike,No Mazda engine will ever outlast an EA81!!!

That way you can spend the money saved on actually going places.
That's a bloody good Idea But a tow ball on the brumby would be better :)

Keep the trike for cruising in summer.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:53 am

Sat in a TD2000 today. Couldn't get out of it!!! So that's the end of that idea. Then emailed a guy selling a MGTF replica (fibreglass job from NZ) he said the same thing would happen to me with his car if I was over about 110kg....I am

So the next idea is a JBA kit car from the UK. Hoping they are larger. At least they don't have suicide doors. These cars have a full chassis unlike many sports cars. The thought also of buying a Triumph or Mg that's 60 years old with rust issues etc doesn't appeal.

I am the type to move on quickly once I've made up my mind. Cheers.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:41 am

Ouch that's a tough decision. I guess the caravan is more important than the trike! If it were me and I'd built the two projects, I know which one I'd be compromising to let go (not the trike) but that's just me. I'd do a caravan again with lighter weight somehow, or more of a camper-trailer type setup perhaps, or hell even a swag!
Good luck with the sale and the choice of a replacement rig, I hope you find something that fulfills the trike void - with your creativity I'm sure you'll achieve that.

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:11 pm

The van was built as lightweight as possible and at 450kg that's light with toilet. Had a camper. Wait till you're 60yo Andrew , canvas and erections are less appealing . rear engine trikes can't tow much. Front wheel lift. Towing a van around the eastern states weather is an issue. Jba sports car might be the go. Sat in a mg td replica yesterday and couldn't get out!!!.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Tony, erections are always good ;)

You should get a targa top brumby. Bullet proof and would easily tow that caravan without an issue. You know the EA81 well and other parts are easy to come by. Many people will still have a yarn to you about the mighty brumby ;)

There's a mob (I think) in woodend that do kit car roadster based on the VS commodore running gear including the factory ECU and wiring loom. They'd easily tow the caravan too but would be worse than the trike in terms of being exposed to the elements.

What about having your engineer fit a set of water carrying jerry cans each side of the front wheel? That'd allow a heavier ball weight! :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:10 am

I like the jerry can idea. ha.

I'm quirky and suffer burnout. eg I've owned ...well I stopped counting cars I've owned at around 90. Included in these are - Datsun 2000 sports convertible, FJ Holden, Holden Tigra steel top convertible, Simca, Valiants, Golf diesels etc. Now, none of them inspire me. The trike inspired me but I don't procrastinate - I move on quickly. Sadly.

So the Brumby T top ute wouldn't cut the mustard.

Kit cars- many out there. None of the supercar kit cars like Ford GT40 does it for me. But the 1950's look of the large front wings and soft top does it....enough to make me happy.

This is a JBA. The doors open conventionally allowing access easier than MG TD/TF replicas. They can be purchased in Oz. don't know price but around 25 grand for the fit plus engine gearbox and diff etc. $32 grand maybe total. But two more appeared for sale over the weekend at 25 grand low kms. Some have Toyota engines/boxes. 2 litre.

So I'm fickle. But I know this might be my last car purchased. At 60yo you tend to know your future better than at 30yo. My Hyunadi i30 diesel has a new turbo and air particle filter and at 300,000kms engine is good. that will last another 15 years or so.

Can you see this car below towing my van? Pity Subaru didn't break the mould a little more and added a soft top to their line up with a little flair.

Other needs are- modern engine, plenty of power, easy to work on, easy to alight from, something to polish up (that rules out the Brumby's tailgate lol) and economical when not towing. The car below weighs around 900kg has a decent chassis for a towbar, doesn't list a towing capacity so in Victoria it can tow up to its own weight etc. Yeh, I'm fussy...

Now if only someone in the buyers market will talk to me seriously about buying my trike and stop offering up to $28 grand (the price you'd pay for a clapped out VW trike) and offer about 32 grand I'm on my way.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Ej20 Brumby ;) - tailgate is for stickers from where you've been :p

Sorry mate, couldn't help myself!

Any nibbles on the trike sale yet??

Cheers

Bennie

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:51 pm

haha.

two offers to date from tyre kickers both $28,000.

From now on I'll be screening buyers for their seriousness. It annoys me that a trike, an obvious show winner with trophies to prove it and overseas accolades has offers that are the same price as a VW trike with an inferior engine more desirable auto trans and that roof. Both buyers wanted it for its extra weather protection....so pay for it!!! I felt like saying.

The second buyer told me to ring him if it doesn't sell. I said "I'll keep it if it doesn't sell...you'll have to chase me I'm afraid, if you want to buy it.

I feel like saying first up, if you believe you are going to offer under $32,500 then we are wasting time. The trike is for sale at $34,500 negotiable and serious offers will be considered.

rant over lol

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Hey I was wondering if you might have typed up a build thread with details on the caravan you've built? I'm quite interested in this type of thing :)

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:58 pm

yes, sort of. I've got 3 or 4 threads in Exploreoz forums.good reading this is the first one- http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/130 ... lcome.aspx

the second one- http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/131 ... %3fpn%3d15

There is one more but these are the ducks guts. regards Tony

Return to “For Sale”