Lifted Gen2 Lib Wagon - Sydney

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
_aj

Lifted Gen2 Lib Wagon - Sydney

Post by _aj » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:48 am

Head gasket blew a few months ago at 455k. Would have done the head gasket myself but don't have a driveway / shed to do the work (you can prob see in the pics it's all grass). Picked up another Lib in a hurry to get me to work and back, now need to get rid of the wagon.

Believe it is head gasket as overheated on way home, no water in cooling system. cooled it down, refilled and limped home (2k away). when refilled again next day, air bubbling up radiator neck, and huge amounts of condensation on hands when placed at exhaust.
Still runs, can move around front yard etc.

* Suspension: Outback struts plus 2 inch (Scorpion?) lift kit

* New waterpump and timingbelt kit at just under 450k (waterpump went in december)
* New deep cycle battery (550cca) fitted 18 mths ago
* New valve gasket covers about 4mths ago.
* Has GFB adjustable position shortshifter fitted (needs new bushes)

* Wheels: 8 x forester steel wheels. 6 painted matt black by local paint shop (4 on car, plus spare in car, plus 1 rim unused since painting), 2 in original factory grey.
* 4 x Forester GT alloys, rims only
* Has Yokohama Geolandar all terrains (great tyre): front = 5mm total tread depth , rear = 11mm. Fronts are a bit rounded off on edges
* Have a used VLSD center that I purchased of rslc forum but never got around to fitting.
* Have a spare AFM that I opened to resolder a dodgy connector. Used for a number of days to confirm now good.

* Matt black bonnet (to cover all the paint that was peeling on the front edge)
* Spare wheel well has been well and truly bashed to fit spare tyre in. there is a half inch section where the well started to peel from the surrounding metal.
* ECB bullbar in the boot, bought off gumtree but seller didn't send/have mounts...
* Dodgy-coloured paint job on the roof to fix an area that was burnt by bat guano. Used a slightly brighter red from supercheap, didn't colour match as figured only trucks will see it. it is a large foot by foot and a half patch as also covered up some other chips.
* Interior = dusty
* Clunk when shifting too much weight into front left hand corner at speed, ie under hard braking and turning into right hand corner greater than 90'.
* CV outer boot (only) replaced in front left.

* Goes through oil at about 2-3l per 10k kms
* Fiddly from 5 to 4th gear (eg down shifting on long freeway hills etc), but that that has been there since it left BNE. Dual range working well.
* Heaps of travel in clutch, not slipping but suspect at end of life.

Have included everything as part of full-disclosure, don't think there is anything i have missed.

Basically, an excellent project car, swap a new engine and clutch in and you'll be right for a while.

$1000 for all, don't want split / part for suspension etc. Based in Western Sydney. Car still runs so can be started to go onto car carrier etc.

Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/ysxev (hope this works)

PM mobile number and best contact times if interested. I work shifts and will call you.

Cheers, AJ.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:42 pm

build thread here with details:

showthread.php?t=6739
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

_aj

Post by _aj » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Still available - get it just in time for a summer holiday project. :)

Prefer to go as a whole unit. (Actually, have copped a work-related injury so can't lie under it for the next few months to part it anyway.)

Return to “For Sale”