EOI: 4x140 to 5x100 bolt pattern adapters

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:49 am

Yes they were a bit pricey, but well made. Such is the dilemma of the aspiring home mechanic on a tight budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wife, 'Oh that's nice, it can be our sons first car'
Me, 'Yes I will make it strong and safe' ...and fast, but there is no way a 17 year old is going to drive it.:lol:

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:19 pm

I could easily have the hubs made through my machine industry contacts in Taiwan, but the volume wouldn't be there. I think I would struggle to sell 20 sets at $100 a set (which would be the cost by the time they were landed, duty paid). The rest of the setup can all be sourced from any EJ based vehicle and some mild fabrication.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:51 pm

dfoyl wrote:I could easily have the hubs made through my machine industry contacts in Taiwan, but the volume wouldn't be there. I think I would struggle to sell 20 sets at $100 a set (which would be the cost by the time they were landed, duty paid). The rest of the setup can all be sourced from any EJ based vehicle and some mild fabrication.
I take it you are talking about the 5 stud hub the XT6 used.

I think you would be surprised at just how quickly those 20 set of hubs would disappear.

I would grab 2 sets.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

mattw

Post by mattw » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Hell yes, but dubious you could get it done for that price.

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:28 pm

They talk about the Aussie made adaptor style in the US all the time but a bit dear. If you could get them done cheap in Taiwan with current exchange rate there would surely be heaps of takers in the US market.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Me, 'Yes I will make it strong and safe' ...and fast, but there is no way a 17 year old is going to drive it.:lol:

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:12 pm

If you can lend me one of yours I can have my TW guys quote it up in about a week, and back to you a week later. They love to copy from samples.
That said, a drawing with dimensional accuracy would be great if anyone knows where to find it. The supplier I use makes shafts for us for waterjet cutters to run at around 5000 rpm which should be sufficient for a wheel hub :)
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm

I know RSR555 had one 3D printed but I've no Idea of where he got the drawing.

I have on from an Xbread kit but it has no splines as the were destroyed because they weren't case hardened. :(

How would you case harden the splines?

TOONGA

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:17 pm

I can get case hardening done either locally or in TW. I'd be looking at 60HRC, but would need to bounce it off one of the engineers (luckily I work for a company that has a lot of material case hardened, and I also have across the road from work a company that does caravan axles with a nice sized machine shop).

One with stripped splines should be sufficient for quoting. I'd send one of mine but it'd leave me without transportation...

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:20 pm

dfoyl wrote:I can get case hardening done either locally or in TW. I'd be looking at 60HRC, but would need to bounce it off one of the engineers (luckily I work for a company that has a lot of material case hardened, and I also have across the road from work a company that does caravan axles with a nice sized machine shop).

One with stripped splines should be sufficient for quoting. I'd send one of mine but it'd leave me without transportation...
So how do I get it to you ? :)

It is in the shed rusting on a shelf.

TOONGA

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:17 pm

How far can you throw :) I'll send you a PM.

mattw

Post by mattw » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:23 pm

This is getting exciting, but I'll have to call the thread well and truely hijacked at this point.

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Awesome... im excited.. i bogged a set of resr hubs with spare ej and ea parts but i dont know if i'll trust myself fitting them.

mattw

Post by mattw » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 pm

Mrwalker500 has a set fresh from the states, he is in western Victoria from what his profile says

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Perhaps I could loan you one for the greater good. It would be a good option for spares.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mattw

Post by mattw » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Ok, so have you guys got together on this one yet?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:00 pm

If you could have the little plate that blanks out the unused holes made up as a set with the hubs I reckon this would make the sale much more appealing!

At least it would to me. I know that this plate was made specifically to fill in the unused holes without welding - something that Gee's original engineer specified in the xbread kit.

The rest IMO is easy to do for a decent DIYer with access to a local machine shop (for the likes of the larger ball joint on the front end).

My only issue with this kit is the need to build front drive shafts to accommodate the EJ hub. More a PITA than anything!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 am

Mr Toonga is sending me his sample, I believe shipping last week from WA, but not in hand with me yet. As soon as I receive it I'll send it off for quotation.

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:49 pm

"Mr Toonga is sending me his sample, I believe shipping last week from WA, but not in hand with me yet. As soon as I receive it I'll send it off for quotation."
Send me a PM if you want to borrow mine. I have the xt6 backing plates too.
I would be keen to get hold of a plate to blank/ adapt the holes to fit ej calliper hangers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 pm

I don't want to peeve too much, but do any of you think you could start a separate thread for this reasonably unrelated stuff - and delete your posts in this thread ?

or conduct your business through PM ?

Ive not said anything for the last 3 pages as i thought eventually some-one would start a separate thread - but that has not happened :(

THE EOI is still open for the adapters, and anyone who got to this through GooGle will think the EOI is not on.

SO If you are looking to do something else, then I'm all for you doing it, just perhaps in a specific thread rather than this one ?

Its not too much of an effort to start up a new thread and copy your posts across, I'd do it for you but some-one may get their nose out of joint. I'll delete this post once this thread is cleaned up.

cheers
;)

UPDATE

Thanks to dfoyl for deleting his off-topic posts in this thread- NOW if some one who wants to be responsible for it could start up another thread that would be good. Its idiotic for me to author a thread for others. ;)

UPDATE

dfoyl has started an EOI thread here http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/top ... 00-5x1143/

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:25 pm

mrwalker500 wrote:"Mr Toonga is sending me his sample, I believe shipping last week from WA, but not in hand with me yet. As soon as I receive it I'll send it off for quotation."
Send me a PM if you want to borrow mine. I have the xt6 backing plates too.
I would be keen to get hold of a plate to blank/ adapt the holes to fit ej calliper hangers.
Sorry there has been a delay as I have been busy turning 50.

hopefully early this week in the mail.

TOONGA

Return to “For Sale”