EOI 1984 Subaru 1800 Touring Wagon

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
Shorty_T

EOI 1984 Subaru 1800 Touring Wagon

Post by Shorty_T » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi guys,

The time has come for this wagon to go to a new home, it never gets used and is just taking up valuable space in the garage. Just posting this thread for expressions of interest, I'm waiting on a few small parts which should be here in a week or so and the car will be good to go.

If theres no interest here it'll be going on ebay with a 99c start no reserve. I'm not really sure what these things are worth now so any opinions on pricing are welcome. Undecided if I should bother getting a RWC for it at this stage, it doesn't look like it wil require anything, but then again probably not worth the time & effort if the car isn't worth much to begin with!

1984 Subaru 1800 Touring Wagon. Porcelain white.

One owner since new. Always garaged. The car has seen very little use over the last 10 years. It was basically kept as a backup car for the kids when their cars were out of action.

193,xxx kms on the dash. The factory electronic cluster died some years ago and was replaced with the cluster out of a lower spec model. The car has done ~40,000km LESS than this (I have the exact figures written down somewhere..). so around 150,000kms.

Overall the car is in excellent condition for its age. I doubt there would be many left in this kind of condition. There is a few marks/carpark dents on the body as to be expected of a car this age. The interior is in excellent condition, seats have had covers since new so still present extremely well.

No significant rust anywhere. I'm in the process of repairing 1 small rust spot at the bottom of the passenger A-pillar and 2 very small spots on the rear hatch (you can see these in the photo, they're just waiting to be sanded back and painted).

Oil and oil filter, air and fuel filter replaced less than 10kms ago. I've also given the car a quick clean up (wash, clay, polish, wax).

The car has a Pioneer CD/MP3 player fitted which works, along with a CB radio hasn't been used for about 20 years.

All electrics work as they should including power windows etc. I'll include the THULE roof racks I have for it as well.

I have all the original books and paperwork including things like the pre-delivery inspection, catalogues etc

Vic Rego valid til 20 March 2014.

I've uploaded some quick pics in the dropbox folder HERE

So that's about it. Any questions please PM me.

Opinions on pricing etc welcome also.

Cheers,
Andrew.

outback

Post by outback » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Not sure what it would be worth but it looks like a good wagon.
Good luck with the sale.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm

A very fine example! If I were in Vic I'd consider taking it off your hands ;) As for the dash that analogue cluster is much more desirable IMO because it looks so much better and actually works unlike the digi dashes. Alot less common as well, I should know I'm looking for exactly that cluster to put in my wagon and finding a manual 4WD one is proving impossible.

Value? If you sold it to someone on here or another subi nut who appreciates the condition it is in you might get $1000-$1200? I'd buy it at that price anyway. To anyone else these cars are just old, slow and I've seen them not sell at $400 :(
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Shorty_T

Post by Shorty_T » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:59 am

I'll drive it over to Adelaide if you want it!:wink:

Thanks guys.

I saw one sell on ebay a few months ago for $710 no RWC or anything. Condition of that one was nowhere near this though.

I think a 99c no reserve ebay auction is the way to go. I'll let the market decide what its worth. If someone from the forums is interested feel free to PM me, otherwise I'll post a link to the auction when I get around to doing it in a week or so.

Cheers,
Andrew.

KiwiL

Post by KiwiL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:17 pm

That thing is fantastic, so clean! If it were in NZ it would go for $2500 or more if it were up North, down here in the South, a lot lower. I would love to buy it but importing could be tricky...

1983wagon

Post by 1983wagon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Hey!! My digi dash looks awesome and works perfectly I might add :)
This wagon is awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Donders96

Post by Donders96 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:14 am

Where In Vic are you located? I'm quite interested, this would be very suiting to me as I love my Subies and I need a first car, my 88 Brumby won't pass a roadworthy without putting ample amounts of cash into it haha, but this looks pretty tidy

Cheers - Rob

Shorty_T

Post by Shorty_T » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi Rob,

I've replied to your pm.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Shorty_T

Post by Shorty_T » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Bumping this up. The wagon now has 198,949 on the dash. It has sat in secure storage for the last few years. Updates from the first post are (from memory):
The small rust spots have been treated and painted
Audio updated to pioneer h/u with aux in, Sony 4ch amp
Sunraysias
Roof basket.

It is no longer registered. It's simply going to waste, would be good if it goes to a good home. Please contact for images. If no one from the community wants it I'll put it up on eBay when I have the time. Not firm on pricing so feel free to make an offer. If nothing else it would make a great parts car for your project.

Apologies for the half baked update. I'm writing this on my phone.

Thanks,
Andrew.

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:57 pm

PM Sent ;)

old dropbox link is 404'ed . ;(

Shorty_T

Post by Shorty_T » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 pm

For those that asked, dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1vagaf0hhy69 ... CVsna?dl=0

Most of the pictures are from the original ad a few years and ~5000km ago but shows how it scrubs up. The indoor photos are more recent and the car has not moved since they were taken.

Return to “For Sale”