EA82T Brumby for Sale

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
subybrumby

EA82T Brumby for Sale

Post by subybrumby » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 pm

My Brumby for sale on Gumtree....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/highfiel ... 1014033149

Unfortunately I need a bigger ute travelling about the place playing guitar and have a big trip later this year into outback Queensland. Thought about this a long time and have decided to bite the bullet and let her go,,,,

One of the better ones around..can't move on the price too much but given that the rego is due in a few days...might be able to negotiate a bit...
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 am

Very sad to hear Trev but your better off having something that suits your needs. All the best mate but doubt you'll need it, she's a great looking rig
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 am

Trev had two last time he was in here so shouldn't be too sad if only one goes. Whatcha thinkin' will be the replacement ?

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Hey. thanks for the good wishes....and yes Paul, it sure gets looks where it goes....

I will probably get into a holden ute of some sorts...basically I have some guitar work coming up that is starting to send me further afield...I've been asked to play at the Winton outback festival in September, and I would like to do a lot more travelling, see my brother in Townsville etc....so a good V8 ute to get.up and mobile , carry the weight and the space I need..

But I won't give it away..see what happens..I'm not desperate to sell...

The decision came when I went to Goondiwindi before Christmas to play for the Council Christmas breakup. I used the standard brumby I've got because I can't get some of the big stuff in the turbo because of the cover. It had been really hot and the ea81 brumby was really struggling on the western roads here. I thought to myself as I saw the temp gauge going up, 'what the heck am I doing this for' If I breakdown out here with this music gear aboard, I'm stuffed. I really need a different vehicle to do this sort of thing."

So there...that's what started it...
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:48 am

I'd be checking that heating up issue, as the 1.8 shouldn't get hot in a Brumby. I'd say there is something else going on with it. Being EA82 I don't want to say it but I'd have it checked out.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 am

Ha :) Seeing the price of copper has gone through the roof, at least one radiator mob has taken to the idea of aluminium radiators for the Brumby. My EA81 was running a bit warmer than normal on the bloody hot days even without the thermostat. Same thoughts crossed my mind if I was to use it for long distance but rather than an upgrade thought a newie (rad) should fix the problems - no stamp duty :)

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 am

Yes, probably a little bit of confusion here...I have two brumbies

The standard daily EA81 that I use to cart my gear about was running a bit warm..fully loaded aircon on etc,,,40plus degrees outside

The turbo is being sold to fund a new ute...I do no use it for music jobs because I can't get the amp and speakers in because of the hard cover...

However..the standard brumby will also go after the turbo offloads

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:41 am

Nah Trev, it's just my lack of ability to read properly :(

Your going to sell both Brumbys? WTF.. I think we need to get you to the doc.. :p

I'm just messing with ya ;) you do what you gotta do. If the car was over in WA, I'm sure it would have been snapped up in a flash

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post by 60766244 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:56 am

A very pretty Brumby indeed. I hope it goes to the right owner.

Good advert. I chuckled at:
Ashtray has gone 400,000k, pretty well everything else has been replaced.
Kinda jelly of the fiberglass tailgate, and those wheels. More to add to the list...
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks Paul...yep..time to move on..see what happens first..no inquiries yet...

and re the Ashtray..well mileage is fairly irrelevant I thought when all the drive train and the entire back assembly has been replaced..thats what I thought anyway...Its not the original engine, gearbox, rear diff, front and back axles, all wheel bearings, brakes, wheels hubs and tailshaft......

Return to “For Sale”