Finally - Snapper on SP's

All things related to help you get the Catch of the day ...
Ben

Finally - Snapper on SP's

Post by Ben » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:58 pm

Well, the reds on plastics drought has broken for me and I can now say that I have landed a snapper on plastics.

I headed out to the 20 fathom line looking for some good dropoffs to drop a jig onto but couldn't find anything so started back in to the shallower reefs, about 20-27m deep. Just drove the boat around looking for fish, drop the plastic and motor on for about 100m and then shut the engine off and slowly work the plastic back to the boat. Nailed a fish that went well, I was calling it for a rat king when this splashed up to the surface!!!

I was very happy to say the least, also was within 500m of the harbour too which is good to know.

I also took the time to play around with my sounder trying to learn how to use it - I discovered the zoom screen that allowed me to display the bottom 4-6 metres rather than the whole 30 metres of water, heaps more details, the bottom is so rough!!!

Details of the gear?
Wilson Live Fibre 4-6kg with Okuma Avenger 40 with 20lb Platypus braid swinging a 1/2 oz TT jig head with a Gulp 5" plastic in Nuclear Chicken.

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:36 pm

congrats!

nice effort mate!

there's nothing quite like getting fish on artificials!
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Return to “Fishing”