Got my shiny new boat!!!

All things related to help you get the Catch of the day ...
Ben

Got my shiny new boat!!!

Post by Ben » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:58 pm

And here is the pics...

Just needs to have all the electrics and motor fitted, which hopefully will be over the weekend for the electrics, and next Thursday for the motor (Scott, will give you a buzz on Tuesday)

For anyone who is interested in the stats,

it is a Snyper 4.15 Venturer - http://www.snyperaluminiumboats.com.au/

Snyper build custom boats here in Coffs Harbour, no boat is built without an order which means you get exactly what you want. I wanted no thwarts with pedestal seats and a full floor with side console, so thats what I got. I originally wasn't going to have it painted, but changed my mind once the hull was built and saw how 'alloy-ie' it was...

For anyone interested, the hull on trailer was just under $7k, total on the water cost is expected to come in under $11k which is not much cheaper than equivalent mass made boats, but hey I get exactly the accessories I want for that, including the sounder etc...

Here's the other advantage of locally made boats - you get to see the stages of them being built :)

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:04 pm

There's only one thing that "can" be nicer than a nice new Subaru and that is a nice new boat and that one is up there with the best of them. Looks bloody nice Ben.

Well done mate.

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:59 pm

The L series tows it pretty good too, was sitting on 100k's no worries on the way home after getting it. Maybe I should get a new front suspension under this wagon and hang on to it a while longer....

Brett, I need to get a new jack rod - will be using an abu 6500 with 30lb braid so want something that'll stop the fish hard...

Was looking at Fishing Tackle Australia today at

Daiwa Procaster 12-17lb 5'6" $90
Shimano Squidgy Barra 4-8kg 6'6" $120
Shimano Backbone 4-8kg 6'6" $100

Would also want it to be good for flicking soft plastics for Jew, Snapper and mega lizards. The Daiwa was a bit stiff in the tip for flicking plastics I thought.

Maybe the Backbone Elite??

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Fury

Post by Fury » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:36 am

Nice rig Ben...
and as a bonus, all the fish will come out to see the new arrival and be right there for the plucking :lol:

Seriously though, as an EX Motor / Marine trimmer, I used to work on all types of boats and that looks quite practical for fishing.

I used to do some mods for some professional guys which they found usefull.

1. The "white" Topsides, although looking crisp and clean, are very reflective on the water . 1 guy, on his way home from the first time out, dropped in to the shop. He was red raw from the sunburn and ordered lining carpet. 2 reasons- he dropped his sunnies early in the day and couldnt see and 2 the reflected sunburn was a killer. Not hard to do, but effective in reducing the glare factor.
I have done this type of job literally hundreds of times.

2. A vynal liner floor, over the carpet will keep the "fish and bait " out of it for a while - and really easy to hose out. Just clips down around the edge, but has to be a flooring weight ( so you don't slip) and mid range in colour. Too light and its bright, too dark and it absorbs the heat and too hot to walk on ( mid grey was allways popular). If you do it, try to get it so it curls up the side joins a touch, so nothing gets stuck in the corners between floor and hull topsides.

3. A walk around Bimini top just gives some shade and only located off your centre console. No straps, cables etc, just a vertical frame attached to a horizontal panel, which can be detatched. Some of the larger boating places have them as a stock item. ( although the style I am talking about usually fits to a symetrically mounted CC not an offset - so would need some customizing)

I sincerly think it is a nice rig, just dont spare the change before you get it exactly right.

Only some suggestions to think about :)

Jeees it would be nice to have a new boat, one that doesn't require constant work. ( i'm jealous :x )

Nice one Ben, Have fun with it
Chris :cool:

'88 Vortex AWD turbo with "go hard" attitude -

WRX EJ20G and box , TD05 Turbo and 4.111 running gear.
5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

FISH_Stalker

Post by FISH_Stalker » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:24 pm

Nice mate NICE....I love deep hulld boats. how much does it weigh?

I would go with the Pro Caster mate, the can take a fair floging and are 2 piece which makes transporting easyer, then match it with a Calcutta 200 and you will be laughing. The other are not worth the cash, even tho Ian Miller designed them.

Cheers

Return to “Fishing”