PRESSURE WASHERS, wot u got?

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

PRESSURE WASHERS, wot u got?

Post by steptoe » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:03 pm

I bought a little 2stroke powered ******* branded pressure washer some time back. I was happy with it until it simply blew a slit out the side of the plastic nozzle below the trigger. seeing as though I have only used it for three tanks of fuel I am gonna take it up with the importer. Free replacement will ensure the name stays as above. Chose the petrol option to eliminate the tangle of water hose and power - partially for self preservation, partly for the portability which is great.

Living in drought conditions this has been great for washing cars with tank water - without great bloody puddles everywhere - or any guilt.

What you got and your comments?

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:19 pm

I have one of the yellow Karcher brand ones. Seems to work pretty well, it's just a middle of the range model.
Agreed it is bloody annoying coping with both the hose to the tap and the 240v extension cord.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:25 pm

staun massojet way cheaper than a proper pressure cleaner and gets mud off really well after a play in the bush
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:06 am

GMC one from bunnings, Cheap and nasty!

But it still works fine and dad has had it 3 years
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:21 pm

theres one called the car cube which ive been told works quite well. (we sell it at supercheap) it has in built water tank and runs off 12v so u can take it with you.
http://www.carcube.com.au/faq.php

but i already have a bottom of the line karcher made washer which is great and plenty powerful. can take whats left of my paintwork off if i wanted it to.

robdddd

Post by robdddd » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:03 pm

I have a Karcher, great pressure started removing the paint!

00outback

Post by 00outback » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:02 pm

I have a Bosch Aquatak 120i excellent pressure just rips the mud right off and the paint as well if your not careful.

90brumby
General Member

Post by 90brumby » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:45 pm

ive got a 6.5hp scropin pressure washer it is deffently worth the 450 i paid 4 it
The New Owner Of hatchie
A 00 outback for doner car
2 door wrx being restored

owned plently of other subis before

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:09 am

AndrewT wrote:I have one of the yellow Karcher brand ones. Seems to work pretty well, it's just a middle of the range model.
Agreed it is bloody annoying coping with both the hose to the tap and the 240v extension cord.
i also have one! great bang for buck unit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:48 pm

Whatever you do never ever buy a Gerni, my 8yr old clapped out Karcher still run rings around it and the QLD State Sales Mgr for Gerni had no answers for me after I demonstrated them for him side by side on the same spot........Karcher won hands down.

My next pressure washer will definitely be a Karcher unless something better comes onto the market to compete with it for re bang for buck.

One word of warning with Karchers: they have a plastic impeller (or used to) and if you are using it on a hot day and the water in the hose gets hot from not being used it can warp the impeller and the water temp does not have to be boiling either...............I learnt from experience.
If the hose gets hot, which it will do when lying on hot cement, disconnect it until the water runs cool and reconnect it and use.
Peter

PeeJay

Post by PeeJay » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:37 pm

I did have a Karcher - It stopped working 3 months after I bought it. It's now in Karcher land getting repaired (I hope)

Return to “Open Slather”