Just a reminder...

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Silverbullet

Just a reminder...

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:12 pm

To make sure you get out and enjoy the outdoors every now and then, see some of the natural sights, we surely do live in a beautiful place :mrgreen:

Just feeling a bit elated today having spent the public holiday fishing down at Waitpinga beach, somewhere I haven't been to for many many years. I'd forgotten the natural beauty, the furious waves, the wide open space. It is a huge long beach on Fleurieu peninsula, near Newland head not far from Victor Harbour, about an hours drive from home for me. Although it is close to civilization there's something about it that feels almost isolated and alone. The waves come direct from the southern ocean so they are violent and powerful, definitely not a swimming beach.

As for the fishing? well, caught a few under-sized salmon trout, no keepers and got sunburnt legs for my trouble. But that doesn't matter, it was worth the trip just for the surroundings. I'll definitely be going there more often.

Make sure you get out there too!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Just a reminder...

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Glad you got away Sam! Seems like it’s been a long time between drinks in that department.

This is one of the reasons why I love getting out bush for a big trip at least once a semester, if not every school holiday block with the odd day or weekend trip mid term.

That might all change (hopefully not) if we ever manage to secure our own property/house.

What’s your next trip idea or plans?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Open Slather”