Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (movie spoiler inside)

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
tim_81coupe
General Member

Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (movie spoiler inside)

Post by tim_81coupe » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:02 pm

Someone had to start a topic about this movie, may as well be me. I saw it on Thursday night and I'm going to see it again this Tuesday. Don't read ahead unless you've seen it or don't care.

Is this not the best Fast and the Furious ever? I mean, I know thats not saying much but its a damn fine movie. I own the other two on DVD and come to think of it I never really liked those movies, just one or two car scenes in each. Tokyo Drift however, well... :)

I know there's no plot whatsoever, and the acting is second rate, but they actually put some thought into this one. The cars are all realistic (bar the RWD Evo) and even the CGI scenes don't look too fake. Being the conversion bandit I am I absolutely love the RB26DETT (minus a T!) powered Mustang at the end, even if it is a fastback. Eleanor eat your heart out! Personally I wouldn't do that conversion though, I reckon a twin turbo'd 2UZ-FE Toyota motor would suit me better, but hey, horses for courses.

Funny thing is, and I hope anyone here who saw the movie noticed, but the donor of that RB26 was an S14 - another conversion! :D

I'll get back in my box now and you can all flame me for being a ricer.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:57 am

I haven't seen FF3, but like you I own the other two - for the same simple reasons you've stated.

Sounds all very interesting!

Is Paul Walker in this one?
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

smoov

Post by smoov » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:23 am

I have absolutely lost the utmost respect for you two for owning the two movies on DVD!! :lol:

The first one was fairly bad.
The second one was simply: atrocious.

The third one? I'll wait until it comes out on foxtel. On the shorts, its looks like its trying to appeal to the 12 year old boys.

I'm in no hurry to see it :lol:

[stands on soapbox]
And this movie is another nail into the coffin of the modified car scene IMHO. It is only bringing the attention of it all to a wider audience, and pretty soon, we'll see more idiots on the roads trying to modify cars, race and drift.

Sorry to be so negative about this movie, but I believe its bringing all the wrong attention to the sport and scene that i really like, and its because of the movie series that the whole scene has become that much more poorer. Pretty soon, legislation will have it that virtually no car modifications will be allowed, and we'll all be driving the same old mundane cars...
[/end soapbox]

Oh, and here's Tim's inflammatory pictures as requested :P :

1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:54 pm

No Muddy, this is a Paul Walker-free movie. That's part of its appeal right there.

Thankyou for being honest Smoov. I must repeat though, this movie is not like its predecessors at all. Your comment about it turning more kids into ricers - or 'drift attempting' ricers rang true yesterday though. I saw a lowered VK attempt to 'drift' a corner, far too much entry speed and far too much angle. Resulted in a big kerby and the driver had to turn the car around. Drove off up the road dragging the plastic radiator deflector on the road....

Rice flames accepted. See the damn movie! :P :P
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

coupe

Oh Yeah

Post by coupe » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:14 pm

I didnt mind the first movie, didnt bother with the second.
Wont waste good money on the third...
My vortex will become a tarhugger but i cant bring myself to add the rice like some i have seen lately..
Use The Fork Luke

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:40 pm

What Smoov says about the wrong kind of attention does ring true I gotta admit, although people are accountable for their own actions - not movies or their content. The problem here however is not the movies, the laws or those who police them; it's your average, ignorant and stupid citizen who's led around by their nose by the media. Perfect example: 4WDs are bad mmmkay.

PS Tim :( I have a secret man-crush on Paul Walker. :wink:
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:53 pm

MUDRAT wrote: PS Tim :( I have a secret man-crush on Paul Walker. :wink:
Oh please Nathan stop it :)

Mike.
ImageImage

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:09 pm

I too have both the FF movies on DVD for the same reason some of the car scenes are great and will wait till it is on DVD before i see the 3rd. I agree with all Alex and Muddy about the bad media image it portrays when you get the kids leaving the cinema trying their best to drive in the same fashion as in the movie but there will be the next big scandal the media will latch on soon enough and those who caused it will have moved on to the next craze of the hour.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

Ben

Post by Ben » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:00 pm

Is there any camshafts inside 13b's in this movie?

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

midnight

Post by midnight » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:16 pm

The Silvia it came out of was an S15, Not an S14 as Tim_81 had stated.

It was pretty good. And does anyone know what the yellow car was?
The one that blew up.

I know it had a Wankel in it, It looked similar to the RX-7/8, With different tail/headlights.

And massive widebody.

simmo

Post by simmo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:12 pm

does anyone know what the yellow car was?
The one that blew up
there was a car blowing up every 5 minutes.....
can you be more specific? :lol:

midnight

Post by midnight » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:47 pm

The one that Han(s) was driving.

When DK (Takashi) was chasing Sean and Han(s). You know that one?

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:21 pm

Han was driving a widebody Veilside series 6 RX-7. Yes I was wrong, the Silvia that the RB26 was pulled from was indeed an S15, I'll put it down to a typo. :lol:

No 13B camshafts in this movie. Plenty of Motorola flip phones though (in my opinion, equally as stupid and useless as 13B camshafts)
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

Return to “Open Slather”