Outlook Express - blocking senders ??

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

Outlook Express - blocking senders ??

Post by steptoe » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Think it has been six years - yup - six years free of spamnshit on my email until a few weeks ago. Everyone of them that comes in gets a block sender - pretty simple function, but what I need to do is block all crap coming in from a domain, not just a particular sender - my email must be scrawled on some toilet cubicle in Russia, but think they been coming via Brazil ?? Coincidentally since I been dealing with a parts buyer in the US - the case structure is incorrect but still gets through .....

So, according to OE you can block a domain, just it don't detail how to do a whole domain - hell I can handle blocking a few whole countries out if need be

halp !!

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:09 am

steptoe wrote:Think it has been six years - yup - six years free of spamnshit on my email until a few weeks ago. Everyone of them that comes in gets a block sender - pretty simple function, but what I need to do is block all crap coming in from a domain, not just a particular sender - my email must be scrawled on some toilet cubicle in Russia, but think they been coming via Brazil ?? Coincidentally since I been dealing with a parts buyer in the US - the case structure is incorrect but still gets through .....

So, according to OE you can block a domain, just it don't detail how to do a whole domain - hell I can handle blocking a few whole countries out if need be

halp !!
Then you wouldn't get all those lovely Russians chasing you
eheheh

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Us the export contacts function and use Gmail?

this may work I didn't come up with this it was in the search I did on google which is linked below.
Not sure about outlook express (and which of the 14 versions you have), but in full-up Outlook 2000 it's easy to block entire domains. Here's how and you'll have to adjust the details for your version.

1) Start Outlook and from the main menu select Tools->Rules Wizard ...

2) When the dialog box appears, click the [New...] Button

3) When the wizard appears, in the upper listbox select the "Check messages when they arrive" choice. You'll see that phrase added to the lower display box. Click [Next >].

4) In the next wizard page, in the upper listbox scroll down to the choice "with specific words in the message header", and check the box next to that choice. You'll see that phrase added to the lower display box.

5) In the lower display box, click the "specific words" link and enter the offending domain (e.g. junkmail.com) into the popup box. [OK] the popup and click [Next >] on the wizard.

6) In the next wizard page, in the upper listbox scroll down to the choice "delete it" or "permanently delete it" as you prefer.

7) Click [Next >] twice, give it a name and ensure the "Turn on this rule" box is checked.

Viola': no more mail from those guys.

No setting on your computer can prevent Outlook from starting to download the mail; it has to at least start to see what is is in order to decide what to do with it. But once it gets the header, this rule will eliminate your having to deal with it thereafter.

The "delete" rule will put the email into your "deleted items" folder. The "permanently delete" rule will simply make it disappear forever.

You can also set your deleted items folder to be cleared when you quit Outlook by selecting Tools -> Options from the main menu and clicking the Other tab. Check the appropriate box and [OK].

Hope this helps.

from this page http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... p?t=227596

from this search https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei ... ok+express

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:30 am

thanks Jules, that is a start, not sure of my OE version , things look similar - unlike the site the shite is coming from 202.136.40.234 @user-PC.skbroadband'
this ones subject line "left private MESSAGE for finding a new date"

nothing wrong with my old date :D

I think the message subject changes to avoid the filtering process

I use gmail, just the OE is good for lazy times access and trusted contacts
Oddly, been getting calls to my mobile from a number that loooks overseas now that I look at it. I hit redial while sunlight was a bit rough on phone screen, and heard what sounded like Russian voicemail - hung up.

what country has IDD 2 ? I know US is 1

this ausubaru site was closed off last night about 1 am, subscription expired or something ??

+23599303362 - CHAD ??

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Have a look at a program called Mailwasher Pro and see if that would suit your needs as to blocking SPAM etc.

I have been using it for quite a few years now to block Senders or Domains.
Peter

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:31 pm

thanks again, had a quick look ... then played with OE rule maker, selected a common theme word in message to rule it out and delete it. Just thought of another word used that never makes it to my emails 'boobs' - should add that as well.

Just been blocking new sender each time. I bet their email is only one way so I can't list them up with other sales bodies - Joel Marion comes to mind go off to the library and sign Jesicca and Melinda and the rest of their friends - all claim to have big arses and big boobs - maybe they could do with some diet tips :p

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:09 am

OK OE is pretty clever on its own - I have found a list of blocked senders and their email are from so many different dot letter letter would be impossible to pick. The :rules ' section allows me to nominate target words within a subject line or body of email and what to do with once detected...sent myself an email with words of choice - must be cyberwaste right now :)

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:23 pm

steptoe wrote:OK OE is pretty clever on its own - I have found a list of blocked senders and their email are from so many different dot letter letter would be impossible to pick. The :rules ' section allows me to nominate target words within a subject line or body of email and what to do with once detected...sent myself an email with words of choice - must be cyberwaste right now :)
Still using XP huh! :p :D :D :D
Peter

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:44 am

uh yeah? Howdjatell that ? Might be with service pack II though ! Oddly, from time to time I get a reminder that Windws support for XP stopped in April or May 20,14 yet still sometimes get the PC telling me it is installing updates as I switch off .

Seen Vista, seen W8 ..and the only thing I like about W8 is that it fits in an AWD Passat :p

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:22 am

Jonno you should consider changing from XP, since yes the Windows support is gone it is open to attacks and what not, no more updates from Windows to change and protect it. You could start seeing a lot of strange things happening to your PC not just in OE :???:

W7 is the best out of the newer operating systems I think, I have W8 and it can be annoying sometimes. But 7 is quite similar to XP in how it's laid out.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 am

yes, I may have to go see my PC fix fella and get a thorough flushing. Only been with XP bit over two years Step up to W10 directly maybe ?

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:06 pm

steptoe wrote:yes, I may have to go see my PC fix fella and get a thorough flushing. Only been with XP bit over two years Step up to W10 directly maybe ?
If your PC is running XP you might want to check that it can run Windows 7 or 10 before doing anything further with it.

Download this Microsoft file and run it to see if your PC can run Win 7 or what parts need upgrading so that you can.
Peter

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 pm

steptoe wrote:uh yeah? Howdjatell that ? Might be with service pack II though !
OE is now redundant and has been since Vista came out. :D
Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail are the current Microsoft email programs if you don't want use a 3rd party email program.
Peter

Return to “Open Slather”