save on land line rental !

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

save on land line rental !

Post by steptoe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 pm

In no uncertain circumstances is this a plug for any phone company - more the opposite.

If you have a landline with a rather big provider, that gets little outgoing use may be forking out mid $40 a month ?

Did you know that one big provider has what they call something like Home Line Budget where the actual rental for the landline is about $23 a month - generally for older people who don't use the phone much. Never seen it actually promoted. Call costs go up when you use this plan - a local call is 30c instead of 17c ? From memory, you also had to nominate whether you wanted capped calls in the daytime 7 to 7 period, or at night 7 to 7. Plan changes a little from ordinary landline rental so look into it if you intend changing.

Not a bad saving if landline just sits there as a handy thing to have in a house or as incomng line mostly. I've put a few people onto it in recent years and well, think we are all better off. be even better off when it gets its final switch off. Learnt not to use it :)

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:03 pm

Whats a land line ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Some of us have to use it for ADSL. And don't even talk about wireless reception in the hills, lucky to get 1 bar...
The homeline budget has been around for quite a while, it used to be $20 compared to $25 for the standard but Telstra kept bumping the costs us due to a lack of competition. I fully expect they will try a Australia Post play next and say that with the reduction in usage of fixed line the prices have to go up again.
FTTN was meant to fix all this, but with the current political monkeys in charge I'm not holding my breath...
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

Return to “Open Slather”