those suspected scammers on car sales sites etc

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

those suspected scammers on car sales sites etc

Post by steptoe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:08 am

just a thought as some have commented in the past in efforts to sell stuff like cars online - getting a text from an overseas mobile number and unable to actually call the person responsible for making instant offer to buy via money transfer including freight ...Wireless CDMA dongles for internet access have a sim card and mobile number attached that can send and receive text like mine can - no one has ever tried to ring me on it and successfully get through ...may be the same for the offers coming from overseas - not actually a voice call permitable device at its end ??

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Most likely the case, as I can send text via my Skype to peoples mobile but I'm sure the number comes up really weird or unknown.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

B00sting

Post by B00sting » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Most likely the case, as I can send text via my Skype to peoples mobile but I'm sure the number comes up really weird or unknown.
Whatever your skype username is will come up as that on the mobile receiving the message. So if your name is bob.jane that is what will display on most mobiles. At least in my experience with the phones I've used and my friends phones.
Brumby 1992: EA81, 15" peugot steelies, 2" ********* body lift, tonneau cover, bullbar, GME UHF, ARB compressor, ********* rear diff protector, SOLD

-97 Landcruiser :D

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:28 pm

B00sting wrote:Whatever your skype username is will come up as that on the mobile receiving the message. So if your name is bob.jane that is what will display on most mobiles. At least in my experience with the phones I've used and my friends phones.
Maybe on some mobiles but not the ones I've sent messages to. Last one I sent came up as a bunch of weird numbers. I've only used it a couple of times
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:32 pm

I had one the other day when I had my turbo brumby on gumtree...I caught on straight away and told him to go look somewhere else...reckoned he was fifo off New Zealand and was buying the car for his son at Uni in Qld as a present..wanted me to setup paypal account and forward freight charges $850..car was to go to Darwin blah blah blah....l
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Open Slather”