Where I've been...

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
ScubyRoo

Where I've been...

Post by ScubyRoo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:58 pm

G'day to all!

It's been a bloody long time since I've posted on here, not sure if one of the vicco boys have posted on my behalf since I've been absent, but thought I'd pop my head in and say hi...

I haven't posted in yonks because I'm living overseas, initially in China and now in northern India. I live up in the Indian Himalayas, teaching in an international boarding school. My wife and I live at 2000m above sea level, right in the 'foothills' of the Himalayas. A 10 minute walk further up the hill gives us views of 6500m peaks. Pretty spesh.

We don't have a car here, I haven't even seen a Subaru in India yet. Saw a bunch of Foresters in Nepal when I was there over Christmas, but haven't seen any in India as yet. Our main mode of transport now is on two wheels... a 500cc Royal Enfield Bullet. It's a great bike, we're doing a 2 week tour up into Jammu Kashmir in June once school holidays roll around.

My subi didn't sell, so it now sits in a paddock in Gippsland. Keeping the rego and insurance current as it's cheaper than renting a car for a month when we come back to visit in December.

I'm hoping someone (I'm looking at you El_Freddo) organises something fun next summer for us Vicco folk so I can catch up with a few of you in person.

Regards,
Owen
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

T.Farm.Brumby

Post by T.Farm.Brumby » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:05 am

Did the foz's have chevy badges? I've read some of the early to mid 2000 models around that area did since GM still had shares in Fuji.

PS sounds pretty amazing where you are, my brother in law just got back from India and he absolutely loved it.
All The Rigs:

'86 RX Turbo "Thor"
'89 Brumby "Emma"
'89 Brumby "Brumbylicious"
'03 Outback "Uma"
'05 Forester
'14 Forester Luxury (My goodness is it schmick!)

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:09 am

India is one very different place. A girl from my school days went there, never to be seen again. I know someone else who spent 18 months in their prisons after being picked up leaving or trying to leave the place with small antiques, aparently only something native Indians were allowed to do !

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:00 pm

ScubyRoo wrote:I'm hoping someone (I'm looking at you El_Freddo) organises something fun next summer for us Vicco folk so I can catch up with a few of you in person.
Yeah mate I'm sure we could sort something out. Got that lift sorted on it before you left?
steptoe wrote:India is one very different place. A girl from my school days went there, never to be seen again.
I hope this was due to her interest in the place and not because she now fertilises it :???:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Nice to hear you're doing so well over there. The Himalayas would be a magical place to visit. Hope no Delhi Belly lol ;)

A trip next summer to catch up would be good...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Return to “Open Slather”