2011 Gympie food.

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
rtcb65
General Member

2011 Gympie food.

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:11 pm

2011 Gympie Flood.

Thought i would put a couple of pics of the water levels in our are. The pics are of the other side of the river to the main township as you will see , we cant get to the town to take any.

Some where behind the house and somewhere about 70 feet down, there is the Mary Valley Highway.

That is one way out to the main town area.

To the people that have been to our place, will know this pic. Some where under the water is 2 bridges. It is the main road to the town centre.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Holy mackeral
keep your heads up
all the best guys
cheers Andy
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

dibs

Post by dibs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:09 pm

whats with the food heading rik you runin out throw out a line m8 . na realy thoughts with all flood victims
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:12 pm

wow :shock:

When I saw on the news Gympie had been cut in half I hoped you guys were ok! Good to see you didn't end up underwater :???:
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:11 am

Keep your head up guys and girls! I can lend you my webbed feet if you like Rick? :p Sing out if there anything i can help you guys and girls with too.

Apparently Townsville the sun is thinking about appearing again it will be interesting flying over the country next monday on my way home from Perth. I will have the camera out for sure....
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:14 am

Hope you are well stocked.. My Dad (lives in Waterford) says that most of the shops are emtpy already :eek:

Wishing all the best Rick and wish I could help ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Bodge

Post by Bodge » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 pm

So you live on the "southside" then? Southside on the west side!
I was up there on the weekend swapping over a steering rack in a friend's Dunnydore. Only got into town by going through Cooran(?) after being pulled up by the roadblock on the Bruce. Can't remember driving out there before so was a bit of an adventure. Was quietly hoping to get flooded in so I could avoid work for a bit!
Luckily the waters dropped on Sunday and I was able to scarper before the true peak you guys have copped since then. Glad you got more warning then Toowoomba and those in the Valley below.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks to all that have sent there well wishes.

Matt wrote:Keep your head up guys and girls! I can lend you my webbed feet if you like Rick? :p Sing out if there anything i can help you guys and girls with too.

Apparently Townsville the sun is thinking about appearing again it will be interesting flying over the country next monday on my way home from Perth. I will have the camera out for sure....
All ok Mate. The pics will be interesting.
RSR 555 wrote:Hope you are well stocked.. My Dad (lives in Waterford) says that most of the shops are emtpy already :eek:

Wishing all the best Rick and wish I could help ;)

We the same as ya dad, some things are starting to get hard to get.they are flying bread and milk over to us, but by the time ya find out they have , they all sold out. But it is amazing what ya can do, if ya have to.
Bodge wrote:So you live on the "southside" then? Southside on the west side!
I was up there on the weekend swapping over a steering rack in a friend's Dunnydore. Only got into town by going through Cooran(?) after being pulled up by the roadblock on the Bruce. Can't remember driving out there before so was a bit of an adventure. Was quietly hoping to get flooded in so I could avoid work for a bit!
Luckily the waters dropped on Sunday and I was able to scarper before the true peak you guys have copped since then. Glad you got more warning then Toowoomba and those in the Valley below.
That funny, we did the same thing, got held up with road blockage on Saturday . We also had to come home by cooran . As for warning. We get this type of flood every 10 years on average, so it nothing new. We feel sorry for the people who got alot worse than we did and have never been through it before. They most likely had no idea what to do.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dibs

Post by dibs » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

awsom pics m8 at gr8 cost

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:40 pm

glad to hear you guys up there are all ok and getting food sent out.

I was wondering (as I am Co Editor for the club mag) would you like to write me somthing for the mag of what you guys have gone through with this flood.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

daza

Post by daza » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:40 pm

You know what impresses me about this flood in Gympie?
With all our modern technology and resources, do you know how food, people and even emergency services are getting accross the Mary in Gympie?
The Historic Mary Valley Heritage Railway is running hourly.
This mostly volunteer run and funded organization has proven so vital to the Gympie community that it's use in flood emergencies is written into the town plan.
You'd think a little state goverment funding to ensure it's continued operation would make sense?
Wouldn't you?

Daza.
:confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dwayneb

Post by dwayneb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:05 am

daza wrote:You know what impresses me about this flood in Gympie?
With all our modern technology and resources, do you know how food, people and even emergency services are getting accross the Mary in Gympie?
The Historic Mary Valley Heritage Railway is running hourly.
This mostly volunteer run and funded organization has proven so vital to the Gympie community that it's use in flood emergencies is written into the town plan.
You'd think a little state goverment funding to ensure it's continued operation would make sense?
Wouldn't you?

Daza.
:confused:
Come on Daza, the State Govt. is selling off assets quicker than you can say "no Problem", ;)
I'm surprised that the train is still going at the moment
be safe in the floods
Back in a Subaru, 03 Forester XS:D

Return to “Open Slather”