update to my illness

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
chubby37
General Member

update to my illness

Post by chubby37 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:52 pm

as some on here know i have been fighting something eating my right lung away for many years.well on the 4th of may to finally have the opp to get it sorted.the opp went well and i was sent home a week later,i did start to feel a bit off a day before going home but they said its ok.at home i never felt right at all(i am going on what i,m told as i have no memory of anything)and at day five i got up very early asking for a drink.by the time zita gave me a drink of water i went down hill further and coughed up a huge blood clot.the ambulance was called and i was rushed back to the P.A,were i passed out due to blood loss.the did a scan and found 4 to 5 ltres of free blood in my chest.i was rushed to the opp room to find and stop the bleed if they could?.i was told that once they got my chest open there was blood everywhere due to an arterial bleed.it even got to the piont of the doctors telling zita to call the family to come say goodbye as i have almost no chance of making it.well i did even though it was one hell of a ride that i never wish to repeat...as it stands i lived but was made worse then before the opp ever happened and we are seeking legal advise.
Attachments
020.jpg
020.jpg (102.85 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
100_1098.jpg
100_1098.jpg (103.6 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

dibs

Post by dibs » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:10 pm

shit m8 thats not good at all . hope it all goes well for you .

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Yes, I hope that life starts to go up for you from here. You certainly have had a rough time of it. All the best for the future. From Trevor
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

olddog642

Holy crap

Post by olddog642 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Jez mate,
no bloody good, thats some incision I sincerely hope you are well on the way to recovery.
Know what its like had a collapsed lung they had intensions of removing it but decided not to so a few years down the track they opened me up and still left it there but in the process broke my ribs in five places still not right and that was 17 years ago.
Hang in there mate my best wishes to you
Hylton:)

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Jeez mate... get well and glad that your hanging on!!!! All the best for yourself and take it easy....
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:04 am

thanks guys...i,m trying to keep a good outlook on things
ImageImage

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:20 am

Thoughts are with you chubby. Doctors ....do we have any in here ??? You have proved them a little wrong in their 'almost no chance' .I think we also put too much faith in any fix sometimes, there is always some chance that things not happen as hoped or led to believe. you have shown some strength in getting this far. Illness or surgery is not something that others are envious of. Medical staff do their best I am certain. Sometimes best is not what we percieve if you get my drift. Anything respiratory is distressing ,from common cold to asthma, to what you have.

I had a mechanical respiratory disfunction in 2000 that caused other complications and just a diagnosis would have been appreciated sooner.Had appointments with a range of people losing count at 37 individuals. I did not get back into workforce until 2006. No surgery involved so I do not know how you feel, but have some vague idea.

So often it is the inner strength an individual has or finds that gets them out of the bloody big slippery rut

Jonno

tex

Post by tex » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Good on ya glad you stuck in there, hope it all goes better for you soon and your out and about in no time!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

Suby Roo

Post by Suby Roo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Shit mate, your not looking real good but it's good to hear your getting better!
And remember, chicks dig scars, so you should be set for life!

All the best, Jarrod
'91 Legacy GT wagon, 2.35 turbo, td05-20g, 05sti spec c dccd 6 speed, 3 inch, front mount, power fc

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:55 pm

well i should beset for lifeafter yesterday morning....i got up about5;30 am and when i looked out the backbear had my thong in his mounth,having a good old munch.anyway i went outto get it off him and thats were things went wrong.i grabbed his collar and as i did he pulled away,not normally a problem but at the moment i'm have trouble with my balance......beyou can seewere this is going to end....your right..i face planted right into the pavers out the back and split over my right eye wide open....you know things have gone badly when your facing a pool of blood and realise....oh sh#t thats mine
ImageImage

olddog642

Bugger

Post by olddog642 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:52 pm

chubby37 wrote:well i should beset for lifeafter yesterday morning....i got up about5;30 am and when i looked out the backbear had my thong in his mounth,having a good old munch.anyway i went outto get it off him and thats were things went wrong.i grabbed his collar and as i did he pulled away,not normally a problem but at the moment i'm have trouble with my balance......beyou can seewere this is going to end....your right..i face planted right into the pavers out the back and split over my right eye wide open....you know things have gone badly when your facing a pool of blood and realise....oh sh#t thats mine
Jez mate,
you better watch out or you may get called Calamity
Take it easy and I hope nothing else befalls you
Hylton
Attachments
crack.jpg
crack.jpg (15.19 KiB) Viewed 2737 times

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:23 pm

my partner has informed me that bubble rap is on order in my size.....lol
ImageImage

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:37 pm

it may have slowed you down but it aint stopped you.

good job and good luck!!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Geez mate! Quite an ordeal you've been through - one that no one should go through!! I hope all the best for the recovery of you're health for yourself and your family.

All the best,

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 am

thanks guys...i,ll never be 100% after the opp but your best wishes are helping a lot...i saw the doctors at the P.A and had some more scans done...the fluid has gone off my lung at last but my diaphram has moved up and my hart has moved to the right side of my chest.accounts for why i feel so bad at times.they have told me i,ll be lucky if i get much better..not the outlook i was hoping for
ImageImage

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:33 am

you wont believe it,,,i dont.a had a scan on my spine as i have shumans and my backs been getting a bit sore..well it was zitas idea to have it checked.they looked at my scan and relised there is still something growing in my chest and attached to my ribs.....well op number 3 and i really hope they finally get it right
ImageImage

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Aww shit it never rains but it pours,what a bugger.
My thoughts are with you and Zitas please keep us up todate and if there is anything that we can do just give us a holler

Hylton:twisted:

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:56 pm

i have been quiet for a while but with good reason...a week after the first opp on a saturday morn i got up about 6am and asked zita for a drink..while she was getting it a started coughing and when she came back in the room i had coughed up a huge blood clot and was passing out..she called 000 and by the time they got me to hospital i had bled 4ltr of blood into my chest and when inot a coma...i was rushed to OR and was given a 2% chance of making it..it was that close that all my family were called in to say goodbye....i woke up over a week later and spent a month in hospital with most of it eather in CICU and intensive care....i am now sueing the surgeon,hospital and whoever els my lawyers think should be involved....updates later
ImageImage

H-top

Post by H-top » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:45 pm

That is horrible! You are so lucky mate. Your just not supposed
to kick it.

Hope all goes better than it's been lately.

Cheers,
Sam
H-Top

rolling in

MY00 GT Foz - Auto, Turbo, Luxury

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Geeez! Chubby37 you have had more than your share of bad luck mate.
I trust something good comes your way from your Lawyers actions.

P.S. I don't mean to sound condescending mate, but your gonna have to change your Forum Name because you ain't chubby anymore. :D :D
Peter

Return to “Open Slather”