Some People should not have Subbies - A Rant

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
stephendean

Some People should not have Subbies - A Rant

Post by stephendean » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:53 pm

Coming home tonight past Holdens at Elizabeth, they have been doing a bit of roadwork at a roundabout. so there are speed restrictions and a lane closed. Well these young lads in an Outback can speeding up next to me in the lane that was closed. They were speeding and obliviously trying to get past. They did not make it in time. So they sat on my tail as did the limit of 25kms around the roundabout. Soon as we are thru it they go hooning past. So I flash my hi-beam at them to let them know my displeasure. They were not happy as the pulled over to yell abuse which I ignored, so they caught up next to me yelling more abuse. So I turned at looked at them and with pleasure gave them the finger.Then I promptly made a turn and they had to go straight on. These young fellas just had no respect for other road users, especially a fellow subby owner. Maybe one day they will find themselves wrapped around a tree and I willl only have sympathy for the car>
Rant over.

rob83ke70

Post by rob83ke70 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:51 pm

its just everybody now, they are all getting like that.... hate to think of how generation z will turn out!!

Robert.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:59 pm

I drive for a living these days and twice last week I was overtaken while going through roadworks. Not to mention the double whites and random other acts of loonacy I see.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Going down the freeway today and this guy decides to have a go at me for sticking to the speed limit... Then he decided he would annoy me all the way down for the next 10k's... Really can't understand what goes through these people's minds.

At the end, there was a broken down car and a tow truck on the far left lane and he almost caused an accident when a car towing a horse trailer had to change lanes. He missed the trailer by only a few inches!!

I guess we're all lucky no one got hurt, at least not at that time...

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:05 pm

You just gotta watch yerself on the roads. i know a guy who had someone cut in on him, so gave the obligatory flash of headlights. Around the bend they had pulled over at an angle in an attempt to block the road, wielding a pipe of some sort, he drove around them, only to have them catch up with him at the shops, snuck up on him and snotted him. The only lucky thing was the witnesses knew the culprits piddle weak enough to pick on someone their fathers age.

H-top

Post by H-top » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm a gentleman and i was wrapped around a tree in my suby lol
But i do really get where your coming from
H-Top

rolling in

MY00 GT Foz - Auto, Turbo, Luxury

frogstar7055

Post by frogstar7055 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 am

steptoe wrote:You just gotta watch yerself on the roads. i know a guy who had someone cut in on him, so gave the obligatory flash of headlights. Around the bend they had pulled over at an angle in an attempt to block the road, wielding a pipe of some sort, he drove around them, only to have them catch up with him at the shops, snuck up on him and snotted him. The only lucky thing was the witnesses knew the culprits piddle weak enough to pick on someone their fathers age.
I have a concealed weapons permit and I carry just because of this kind of crap.
Frogstar7055
AWD...and not afraid to use it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wagonman

Post by Wagonman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Just this week end i was out fishing on some rocks at hilarys in perth and as my girlfriend and i were getting in my car a commondore drove past and threw an empty redbull can at my suby.

I'm not an angry person and let my spotties do the talking as i followed them out of the carpark.

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:46 pm

frogstar7055 wrote:I have a concealed weapons permit.
How do you come by one of those and what does it entitle you to?
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

wrxer

Post by wrxer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 pm

yea, a couple of days on the rock makes me a bit edgy too

shuffbag

Post by shuffbag » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 pm

funny thing is i drive busses for a living and hadn't realized they had changed the roundabout, pulled from the left lane and only just made it (to go straight across).

worsed bit is i drive obahn busses with extra wheels on the side (at kerb height), if i wiped one off on the medium thats about $5000 damage!!!! only a warning/maybe loss of job but still.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:10 am

frogstar7055 wrote:I have a concealed weapons permit and I carry just because of this kind of crap.
If I lived in Florida, I'd carry too!
Suparoo wrote:How do you come by one of those and what does it entitle you to?
You need to live in a US state that has CC for a start.
Florida used to have one of the highest incidence of carjacking in the world.....not any more.
Settlement Creek Racing

Return to “Open Slather”